Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • help my bikes poorly :/
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

So i went to gisburn forest yesterday had loads of fun until i came off one of the jumps (bad landing) and ive bashed in one of my xt brakes (reservoir top) its scuffed and bashed in a bit it still works but i was wondering if i contacted shimano with my part number and see if i can get it fixed as its just the top silver bit which is damaged nothing else, also not just this ive snapped my reverb switch clean off :(:( does anyone know if i can this get fixed also or would i need a whole new end? as its just the switch thats broken? trip to the lbs first to see what hes says and suggestions on here would be a great help thanks!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

reservoir top cap is probably the only spare part available for shimao brakes, not sure if they will sell you one though! If it’s not leaking then you could just replace the bolt.

It will depend how bad you did the reverb, a new remote should just swap over with a bleed.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

no it dosent look like its leaking but it was a birthday pressie i got 3 months ago :/ i cant be doing with it looking smashed in ill defo be trying to get a new top lol

creamegg
    Free Member

You can get a replacement Reverb switch without changing the whole remote. This part alone is around £45-£50 rrp. However, you may need the whole remote assembly if you’ve scratched the bore inside- after it broke did you press the button at all as this can scratch it quite easily which causes it to leak. Whole remote assembly is around £90 I think but may get it cheaper if you shop around. Think bike components (Germany) was cheapest when I needed one earlier this year.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yeh ive just seen the kits on ebay for about £42 if he can just replace this then that would be great, just need to know if i can get a new brake top cap res now thanks guys

coatesy
    Free Member

Madison part no’s Y8VC04000 for the right hand lid, Y8CV04010 for the left hand lid. £7.99 each,in stock, and available to order from your LBS.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

how do i find the zee top cap part numbers

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ah nice one coatsey!

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

what is madison btw?

creamegg
    Free Member

Distributors. You won’t be able to buy direct but your lbs will

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the Shimano importer

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ahh cool ok ill mension this to him when i take it down thanks 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

You can find the part numbers on Shimanotechdocs, Madison normally drop the first and last digit of Shimano’s number, but haven’t on those XT top caps.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

there is a part number on my brakes underneath maby thats it?

coatesy
    Free Member

That’ll be the model number you need to look for parts on Shimanotecdocs.
    Rob, you’ll need 8SH 0500, and 8SH 0600 for Zee brakes, only £2.99 for those, and also in stock.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘help my bikes poorly :/’ is closed to new replies.