Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help MrsPants: iphone/pad + windows and photo backup
  • scaredypants

her phone has 2000+ photos on it. ALso has an ipad FWIW

she used to back up to the (windows) laptop, presumably via itunes but more recently to dropbox apparently (no idea how this change came about; presumably she’s clicked “yes” at some point)

SHe’s now not sure that dropbox is still getting them (would they have told her if it was full?), and they’re all still on the phone but she’s talking about deleting to make room for more. My worry is that they may only be on the phone and it’s a fairly precarious place anyway to keep what may be the only record.

She likes how the phone sorts them into named groups but says that backups lose all that data and store them as meaningless codes.

I’m a bit lazy and fairly reluctant to try to sort this out as I’m not an apple geezer and I may end up losing it all (which, of course, would include my bollocks on a presumed liability basis 🙄 ).

Anyone care to explain, in simple non-appley terms how she can back up on to the laptop drive whilst retaining the cuddly named format ? (Laptop has itunes on it)

Oh, and she’ll soon have a new iphone – what happens there ?

Danke ! 😳

peteimpreza

Use iCloud.

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/icloud/getstarted/

The new phone can be updated from the iCloud backup.

nickdavies

iCloud. Just don’t take any naughty pics… 😉

If she wants something to view and organise pics not just a straight backup then on windows Picasa might be worth a look? Can import and create libraries based on geotagging, facial recognition etc. iPhoto does well but is Mac only. There are better PC options but not free.

Edit: Also this link might help: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
    You can import directly into windows and it’ll keep the file structure dated but not geotagged etc.

tron
    Free Member

Use iCloud, unless you read that article someone posted on here the other day that explained how you can ring up Apple, put on a funny voice and give them the last 4 digits of your cc number and take control of your kit and backups…

scaredypants

iCloud. Just don’t take any naughty pics…

I only take those pics of my celebrity bitches, err, innit

See I would use icloud but I distrust anything cloudy, since that episode with my wee

Thanks, we’ll have a think

(I suggested she take it into the fabled appleshop and get a genius to set it up – would that be a goer ?)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help MrsPants: iphone/pad + windows and photo backup’ is closed to new replies.