Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Help me with tyres – maxxis Vs Conti
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

To be run tubeless on stans rims. Predominantly peak district riding.

Want a grippy front and fast rolling rear as do most riders!!

thinking maxxis ardent/aspen combo or conti speed king/race king

any thoughts or opinions? Need a sturdy rear sidewall 😉

racing_ralph
    Free Member

or advantage/larsen?

retro83
    Free Member

I don't like Speed Kings but Race Kings are meant to be very good if you get the expensive compound ones. Search on the weight weenies subforum on MTBR and there's a long thread on them.

I'm thinking of running my DHF on the front and a Race King 2.2 on the rear.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    racing_ralph
    Free Member

can't mix brands!!!

rOcKeTdOg

why?

lunge

I like my High Roller front and Race King rear combo. Will u die as I am mixing brands?!?!

angryratio
    Free Member

Hahah mixed brands upsets the bike tart-facist brigade.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Ardent rear, HR front.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

mixed brands look shit – no need as most companies do similar treads anyhow 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Advantage myself – Not too draggy – excellent sealing on side walls running tubeless and seat very well on my ZTR 355 rims.

mttm
    Free Member

Advantage / Aspen combo is good, as is Advantge / Crossmark. For tougher sidewalls than standard, try the "Exo" reinforced versions that Maxxis has started to put out. I know these are currently available in the Ardent, not sure about the others, yet.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I run advbantage ust both ends on Flow rims around the Peaks on my hardtail. The Advantage really does work better with lower pressure though. I found them pretty pants at 40 psi but excellent at 22.5/27.5 f/r

steve_b77
    Free Member

Personally if it was a choice between the two brands I'd go for the Maxxis side of things.

Of how about Schwalbe Nobby Nic / Racing Ralph like your name sake 😆

james-o
    Free Member

Also look at Rubber Queens if you're considering High Rollers. Race King / Rubber Queen's a good combo if you want a fast rolling tyre on the back but it's more hardpack-specific than the Maxxis semi-tread tyres ime. very fast in the right conditons tho.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Help me with tyres – maxxis Vs Conti’ is closed to new replies.