Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help me with new forks!!!!
  • colinpm1
    Free Member

Hi my current set up on a 29-er is running with Rock Shox xc30’s. They do the trick but are a bit weighty! They do the trick but are a bit binary on the bumpy stuff, and yes I have tried modifying the damping etc but without much improvement.
    Looking to swap to something air sprung rather than coil and with a bit more ability to fine tune.

Budget is tight (£300) so any help gratefully received

Cheers:-)

benji
    Free Member

Reba or Sektor Gold if you are wanting to lose some weight, air sprung and alloy steerer and stanchions. Definitely get either of those within your budget.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Reba

colinpm1
    Free Member

Cheers chaps. Have spoken to my LBS and they can get hold of some Sektors in about a week or so. As for the Reba’s they have some in stock but they are second hand from an ex demo bike and have been hammered a bit. They have been serviced and are in fairly good nick with the exception of some cosmetic damage. I’m just a bit wary that although this could mean a bit of a bargain (£150) the service was done in house and only meant a change of seals.

Any thoughts??

Andy

Merlin Cycles 10% off Rockshox at the moment. Rebas 😀

cdoc
    Free Member

Picked up a set of new but secondhand 2014 revelations a couple of weeks ago for just under 300, so there are plenty of options out there.

I would rather take the rebas at a bargain price than pay for a new set of sektors, provided there were no stanchion scratches.

devash
    Free Member

If your bike came with XC30s then I’d say the Rebas for sure.

duff
    Free Member

I’m in a similar position, looking to upgrade XC32s – these are tempting : http://www.alltricks.com/mtb/forks/forks/rockshox-2014-fork-reba-rl-solo-air-29-100mm-axle-9mm-tapered-pushloc-black-matt-131-161247.html

15mm axle also available, Uk5 for extra 5% off

devash
    Free Member

Do it. Rebas are awesome forks for general XC / trail riding and really easy to service at home. The fact that they now weigh almost the same as SIDs is just a bonus.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help me with new forks!!!!’ is closed to new replies.