Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help me with my first world (poor mobile phone reception) problem!
  • exupmonkey
    Free Member

It seems my house is a poor reception area for my current, and every previous mobile phone I’ve owned. Great outside but as soon as I cross the threshold its gash. I could understand it if I lived in a castle but I don’t, just a 70’s semi detached box. Been looking at mobile phone signal boosters but they seem really quite expensive (O2 account)so, other than standing in the pissing rain to make calls (I live in Scotland)are there any other things I should be looking at to improve things? Cheers all.

maccruiskeen

Aside from different phones have you tried different networks?

It took a while to establish what worked well in my current house as coverage maps don’t count for much indoors. So whenever anyone was visiting I’d get them to check what the reception was like with their network.

See if O2 do wifi-calling.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Have you tried switching it to 2G only?

I find this often improves signal strength.

I am on Vodafone and have a “Sure Signal” thing that plugs into my router and routes everything through the internet. Do O2 do similar?

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Many thanks…..I’ll have a chat with O2.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Do O2 have an app which lets you do phone calls and texts over your WiFi. I know 3 do which works really well for me. I’m in Scotland too. Don’t know what we build houses out of up here as I have full 4G outside my front door and naff all inside.

oink1
    Free Member

wwpaddler – Member
    Do O2 have an app which lets you do phone calls and texts over your WiFi. I know 3 do which works really well for me. I’m in Scotland too. Don’t know what we build houses out of up here as I have full 4G outside my front door and naff all inside.

This 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help me with my first world (poor mobile phone reception) problem!’ is closed to new replies.