Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Help me with a seatpost choice
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve got a bit of a choice to make and I’d value other’s experience…

I’ve got two bikes currently sharing posts, I like my frames smaller (some would say too small!) so I tend to have posts nearer their extremes and the saddle way back, which is currently causing me problems (in the form of fatiguing clamp bolts), so maybe a layback post may help that? But I’m also looking in the realm of 350 extension too. Can anyone recommend me a post that’s fairly light but has a decent clamp system? I’m thinking of ditching the stock NRS shim system and just getting a 30.9 into it but I could stick with a 27.2 as is currently there.

Any help/suggestions appreciated folks!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Did you do that jump off the wall, in the end?

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP, jeez, like you need to ask?

335D.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not yet, did you need to ask?! If I had I’d have had a thread about it in bold sticky form! I’ve actually not been back on any bike since that day (not that it was that traumatising, just that I’ve had a lot on and no seatpost, keep forgetting to get a replacement!).

335D – is this a code? A quick googling really only leaves me with BMW’s, off to find CRC!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was making mirth, never mind…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Al – using a 335d as a seatpost really doesn’t work. I tried and the frame snapped. Dammit.

ck – a Thomson “long” post with a Hope seatpost binder? I have the shorter one and it appears to be resistant even to direct strikes from large meteorites.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Sorry, beyond me.

Surf-mat – awesome, I’ll give it a look. 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK my joke was my usual “Thomson is the BMW/Audi of the bike world” and a reference to SM (long may he be awesome).

coffeeking
    Free Member

Ahhhh OK, I get you. A bit tenuous for me today – I’m a bit tired and I’ve not been on here for a few weeks, I’ve lost sync!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Al – that really was pushing the word “cryptic” to it’s outer limits…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hurry up and do that jump please.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Hurry up and do that jump please.

You just don’t like me living. The entirely predictable cock-up on the small section has really put me off trying to be fair! The bump on that did exactly what I expected it would, namely make me feel I have to lift to clear it, and thusly cause plummeting and much pain!

njee20
    Free Member

Talk of “that jump” made me go and look at the thread with the incredible stick man drawing of the likely outcome, great!

Ritchey? 30.9, lots of layback, reasonable clamp, various price/weight points from cheap/fairly weighty to expensive/really quite light.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

and thusly cause plummeting and much pain!

Which is exactly why we want to see it please.

Come on. Stop messing about and get it done.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Help me with a seatpost choice’ is closed to new replies.