Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help me value a winter road bike please
  • roverpig

I’ve got a winter road bike (Principia RSL-AS) that is currently in bits. I’d quite like to move it on to clear some space, but have been out of the road scene for a while and have no idea how to value it. I could just stick each bit on ebay with a £1 start, but I’d quite like to shift the whole lot in one go and I’d prefer it to go to somebody on STW, but for that I need a price.

I stripped the bike down in the Spring with the intention of getting the frame re-sprayed, but never got round to it and I don’t do enough road riding these days to really make it worth having a winter bike. Having said that, if it’s worth nowt I’ll probably just hang on to it.

The frame is a Principia RSL-AS, These frames were handbuilt in Denmark. Principia were probably better known for frames like the Rex (which is my summer bike 🙂 ) and the RSL-AS was a short-lived winter/audax frame that they produced shortly before shutting down production. It is anodized in an olive green, but the winter salt has caused the anodizing to flake off in a few places. No structural damage but a bit tatty.

Forks are a Principia Isaac carbon number with mudguard eyelets and a deep drop.

Brakes are Shimano RX100 deep drop

Rear wheel has a Campagnolo Record hub (with grease ports). Front has a Hope hub. Both have Mavic Open Pro rims, 32 spokes, laced 3-cross with 25mm Continental 4-season tyres. Straight, true and smooth.

Front and rear mechs are Campagnolo Record (10 speed)

Ergo shifters are Campagnolo Chorus

Cranks are Campagnolo Record Triple (30/40/50). Aluminium with Carbon BB

Seat pin is a Campagnolo Record Titanium number

Stem is Richley WCS and bars are 3T

No saddle, pedals, cables or handlebar tape, but that’s all you’d need (plus mudguards if you want them).

It’s all a bit tatty (after a few winters on salty roads), but everything still works just fine (all adjusters work as expected etc).

So, what do you reckon? 50p and a bit of fluff?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You need to stop worrying about the bike (Put it all in the Classifieds, now there’s an idea) and sort out your garden instead.

Shocking.

roverpig

Can’t put it on Classifieds without a price though and I aint wasting riding time on the garden. It’s a haven for wildlife and that’s the way it’s going to stay 🙂

Sandwich

Pocket fluff or belly button fluff?

roverpig

Doesn’t look like I’ll get either. Back to plan A I think.

schmiken

What size is the frame?

roverpig

I deliberately avoided putting the size in as it wasn’t supposed to be an advert and I’m not sure that the size has any effect on the price, but I think it’s a 59cm 🙂 I’d need to go and measure it to be sure though. I’m 6′ and it’s the right size for me 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help me value a winter road bike please’ is closed to new replies.