• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • help me update my music system please….
  • sadexpunk

its all a bit outdated now, and id like to fine-tune it so its tailored more to modern use, (read streaming music).

pic is current set up in lounge.

in the cabinet is an arcam delta 290 amp, good quality in its day (got my amp and speakers from my hi-fi buff dad when he emigrated) but these days i have to bang the top of it to make the LH speaker work some days 😀

2 floor standing mordaunt-short MS50 speakers, great quality sound but i know nowt about hi-fi so i dont know if the great sound is the amp or speakers, and what the result would be if i changed one. the only info i can find on the speakers is in this ebay listing and even then like i say, i dont understand hi-fi terms so it means nowt to me.

the speaker plug behind also seems to have lost one of its plastic covers, does that matter? should i get another?

bluray player on the top, a samsung BD-F6500. never use it, tried using the apps the other day to see if it was worth using it as a ‘deezer player’ but it was sooooo slow it wasnt worth it so went back to ‘phone and chromecast audio’ which is on the top too. im not bothered about the bluray at all, its only there ‘in case we ever want to watch a dvd’ which we never seem to do.
    oh and we also have a normal chromecast plugged into tv too.

android box on top of speaker.

it has my back-up portable drive plugged in so we could look at photos on tv or play flac albums say, but…… we never do 🙂

so…….. as the amp actually seems flakey these days, that may be the only thing i need to replace, but what to? something that supports streaming?
    our music usage is purely streaming these days, deezer for now. ideally id use something other than my phone for deezer (such as the bluray but its apps are sh1t).
    if i downsize the speakers id only have a load of spare space with cables to hide so dont think id gain owt from that, altho if there were some smaller set up that sounded as good and did everything id maybe bite the bullet and just re-arrange stuff.

itd be nice to just sit on settee, and have the option to either play deezer, dab radio (no biggie tho as we have a decent pure portable) or stream youtube on tv through speakers, in fact all tv through speakers. oh and through a remote control.

what would stw do? 🙂

thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘help me update my music system please….’ is closed to new replies.