Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help me spread some light around
  • chunkychew
    Free Member

I’m looking for a couple of rear lights to compliment the Exposure TraceR I have on my seat post.

I want something to go on the back of my helmet but because my head is going to be moving around I don’t want anything super bright which might dazzle. I was looking at the Moon shield, but I think that might be too bright? Something waterproof, USB easily helmet mountable.

I’m also looking for something similar, but which can be mounted on the back of my messenger bag. Looking at the Lyzene Zecto because it has a clip, but I’m not sure what type of mounting I really need, so suggestions gratefully received.

bails

Two of the Aldi lights at £13 each. Probably still some left in your local store.

Daffy

Knog chippy.

kayak23

Knog chippy

No need to be like that. He was only asking.
    🙂

Yeah, the Aldi ones.

chunkychew
    Free Member

Are the Aldi ones moon-a-likes? Looking on other light related forum posts they seem to be well regarded. Do they come with mounts suitable for helmets and bags, or will I need to bodge it?

OCB
    Free Member

Recommend what you own I ‘spose, but for helmet mounted lights: I’m using a Infini Lava, and Mrs OCB’s is using Moon Ring.

The Moon uses it’s normal tube fitting clip, but with the pads removed and then zip-tied on, (a fitting exercise that took longer to type than to actually do 😉 ).

The Moon’s also come with a clip for fitting to a bag / strap.

The Infini comes with a bag / strap clip – again, mine is just zip-tied into place.

bails

The Aldi ones come with a clip to go through the loop often on the back of saddle bags and a silicon loop thing for going round a seatpost which would probably fit a helmet too.

whitestone
    Free Member

The Aldi Moon copies are OK but the switch mechanism isn’t to the same standard. We bought two sets and have had problems with the switches on all of them.

superleggero
    Free Member

The latest Aldi ones appear to be closer in design to the Moon Nebula. They come with three attachments, a belt clip, a saddle rail clamp, and a rubber strap type for bars and seatposts.

I’m planning to attach mine to my helmet after having seen how effective similar lights are on other riders helmets. Will probably combine the belt clip with a Velcro strap through the rear helmet vents.

Plan to have one light on seatpost, one further up on backpack and one on helmet. If Drivers can’t see that etc…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help me spread some light around’ is closed to new replies.