Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • help me spend some cash!
  • spudly1979
    Free Member

Got a bit of cash through this week, so i’ve decided to treat myself to a bike bit!

I had my heart set on a reverb, but as previous post – mate has just had a wheel upgrade and reckons its the best money he’s ever spent on a bike bit.

So the question is – reverb or wheels? If its wheels, i’m thinking hopes on stans crest or flows, but second hand. if reverb then it’ll be new.

what does the hive mind recommend?!?

creamegg
    Free Member

Assuming your wheels are already round, reverb any day of the week

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

What wheels have you currently got?

spudly1979
    Free Member

bonty rhythms, seem ok, but got them very cheap!

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

If you don’t have a problem with them then no point in just changing them for the sake of it. Get a dropper, great bits of kit. I thought they were for lazy big girls’ blouses until I gave it a go. Cracking invention that you will really notice out on rides but push the boat out and get a Thomson.

John

Dropper

matther01
    Free Member

Dropper

winrya
    Free Member

dropper

jekkyl

As much Stella as you can afford then go riding.

spudly1979
    Free Member

bought a reverb! Oh and PSA – there’s an extra 10% off at Merlin on rockshox stuff this weekend so got it for £155!

OrangeLad
    Free Member

Personally I’d choose wheels but only if they are a good weight saving over your current ones and aren’t going to compromise your ride. I upgraded my wheels lost a load of weight best upgrade I’ve ever made.

loddrik
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with the rhythms.

Northwind

Dropper. Wheels can upgrade your bike, but a dropper can upgrade your rides.

tthew

Wheels. After the frame (and probably forks on an MTB) they are the most important component.

nwill1
    Free Member

I think you’ve done the right thing…the Reverb will change you rides immensely, as soon as the trail points down you want the seat slammed for maximum fun now it’ll just be the push of a button for every decent no matter how small then as soon as the trail points up…another push of the button & you have the perfect pedaling position back!

Game changer and you’ve had a bargain I paid £165 from France! Yes wheels can be a good upgrade but guess what…you already have a set that’ll do the job the Reverb will add additional function.

Enjoy.

sparrowcar
    Free Member

+7 dropper 🙂

Replace the wheels when you break them.

althepal

+8. Droppers are the shizzle. Fact.

edd

Definitely the dropper!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Dropper by a mile!

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

if your wheels are 2kg or upwards i would go for those else deffo dropper.

craig5

Reverb. But I lost just under 1kg from my wheels by getting a very cheap eBay deal on some specialized roval traverse wheels and going tubeless. Totally transformed my ride, but once your used to them you don’t feel the difference much. A dropper however makes a big difference to every ride, especially at the bottom of technical descents that lead straight into a climb. No more stopping for me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘help me spend some cash!’ is closed to new replies.