Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • help me spend money
  • juan
    Free Member

As you may have noticed, I was wondering to change my trusted steed. Problem being I can't really get around selling the old one. Keeping both is out of order.

So, do I sell the switch, and buy a meta 55.1 (cost 1200€) and have a bike with brakes I absolutely hate and crankset I found minging.
    Should I keep my bike and buy a DT fork (cost 1000€) which comes free with a pair of DT wheels.
    Or should I buy an absolutely mint van 32 RLC for 300€ and a pair of hope hoops wheels for another 500€…?

I know it sound daft to spend 1000 on a fork when I could get a whole bike for 200 € more, but really I can't deal with the brakes and the crank from the meta yeuuuuurk

Cheers

stratobiker
    Free Member

Get a road bike, and stop messin' about!!!!
    SB

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Sell the cranks and brakes from the Meta and buy the one you want?

Where are you buying the wheels- Hopes for 500 euros is silly!

juan
    Free Member

from my LBS 😀

GlenMore
    Free Member

Buy a Meta frame and build your own?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Go mail order- 300 euros or so, with free postage. Silly not too

juan
    Free Member

well are we talking of the 5.1 rims on the pro 3 hubs with 4 holes and disks on it?
    Still when I am in France I support my LBS.
    Glen, I am not rich enough for that

juan
    Free Member

grrr I just cant decide argggggggggg

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Juan, the brakes I can understand, but crankset? You can't see it when you're riding you know! As long as it's got pedals on one end and chainrings on the other it'll be fine. AT least use it until it's worn out!

Me? I'd buy the Commie, sell your current bike and get some pimin' brakes.
    Sorted…! 🙂

juan
    Free Member

Yeah I'll see the the lbs can sort something out for the brakes cause I won't be able to afford anything else if I get the commencal more to folow 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘help me spend money’ is closed to new replies.