Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help me sort out my commute.
  • Smee
    Free Member

For a couple of months, until we sort out buying a new place, I will be commuting daily from Innerleithen to Glasgow – need to get there for 9am and will be leaving at 5pm each day.

How would you do it?

Smee
    Free Member

Will probably drive to a train station then get the train from there. Anyone commute from Livi or Currie areas to Glasgow?

jimmy

ride it, softlad

jimmy

or try carshare.com for someone's ear to bend

Smee
    Free Member

Dont really want to do that journey in a car. M8 at that time of day is hell.

druidh
    Free Member

Currie to Glasgow is a looong slooow train journey though? Might be better to head to Carstairs (the station, not the other place)?

Smee
    Free Member

Looks like Haymarket to Queens Street might be the best option eurgghh.

Whats the crack with bike on those trains?

Actually – Cheers for that Idea Druidh. Train season ticket is £160/month cheaper from there.

hels
    Free Member

Haymarket to Queen St – very bad idea – it takes me 45-50 mins to get to central Edinburgh from Peebles, add 10 minutes for Innerleithen, and I have inner city parking permit – where are you going to park ?

I would drive up to Motherwell or somewhere like that where there is a railway station, give yourself the option to cycle some of that from time to time.

P.S and my record for cycling to central edinburgh from peebles is 1.20 and thats on a race bike, if that is what you are thinking I am sure some folk could do it faster, again add 20 minutes from inners.

Smee
    Free Member

Hels – wife works in central Edinburgh so parking wouldn't be a problem.

Lanark or Carluke are looking like the best bets, and would be decent rides to start the day off too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help me sort out my commute.’ is closed to new replies.