Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help me solve my ASR5 Fox Fork connundrum.. travel/price/kashima/where from?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Okayee… STW-massive.. so I my be looking for the moon-on-a-stick here, but here goes:

I’m looking for a set of Fox 120 – 130mm Kashima Forx, with tapered steerer.

My budget is (apologies for this!): £369 maaaxxx

So, I guess I’m looking for something secondhand?

Trouble is, secondhand ones like this simply don’t seem to exist! I’ve been looking for aeons.

I’m also pretty sure that I want to run the frame with 120mm forks, but possibly would like to have the option of extending the travel further if needed.

So, am I best off trying to source some 140mm forks in this guise (as 140mm appears to be a more ‘popular’ travel variant and – hence – potentially there will be more available on the secondhand market).

BUT will 140mm Forks – reduced down to 120mm be as good performance-wise? Aren’t they also a tad heavy..?

Any ideas..? Or should I just save up some more monies?

Apologies for tonnes of questions! 😀

kevin1911

Crc have new f120 rlc fit forks for £350 ish. I have 140mm forks on mine, but 120mm would be just as well suited in my opinion.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Cheers! I’ll have a look again… couldn’t seem to find any last time, but perhaps I was being stoopid 🙂

kevin1911

here they are . Can’t make out if they’re kashima or now

nonk
    Free Member

Hey up I have something you may be keen on ..
    I had an asr5 for about four months that I ran a kashima 140 Rlc on
    I still have this fork as I bought a blur ltc with a 34 ctd on it
    The fork has had no use since I got rid of the yeti it’s a 2012 fork and it even has the fox yeti decals on it.
    I am after £320 posted for it.
    Only issue might be the steerer tube I only run one spacer under my stem so it is fairly short .
    My email is in my profile.
    Cheers.

jonnyrockymountain

I’d buy some brand new 150 mm rev’s ie Merlin and put in a 20mm spacer so 130mm travel then ideal
    Fox are so over rated????

slowboydickie

+ 1 shortened revs. 120 on asr5 is too XC (for me) and is apparently optimal (for yeti boys) is 130. Get a 2012 rev and you can test all lengths.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Thanks guys! Good info.. Nonk – have PM’d you 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help me solve my ASR5 Fox Fork connundrum.. travel/price/kashima/where from?’ is closed to new replies.