Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help me! Quick fork decision needed asap!!
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Righty, I’ve recently got my new frame after not riding a suspension bike for ages or indeed any other bike of my own.

Anyway, just got some cash for forks and am sorely tempted to order ’em and build up the bike for a trip to Langdegla at weekend (instead of borrowing mate’s hardtail)

So, the options are:

Fox 36 Talas R in 1.5 ” steerer from CRC for £400 but then another £80 on new stem + bars

RS Lyrik solo air with mission control DH for £540 from Merlin

Or…. wait another 3 weeks and get some bargain Fox 36 2011’s I’ve been offered?

Part of me wants to wait until the new 36’s are available but they’re not really much better than the Lyriks (and non kashima ones too so not much spanglier).

Forks going on a Tracer in works red if that helps?

ta

Torn Of Sheffield

steveh

Or some nice black lyrik r’s never used from an enduro from me with tapered steer for 350…. I’m even in sheffield….

RobHilton
    Free Member

Or some loverly condition Fox 36 Talas R with 1 /18 steerer at 208mm for £300 off me?

robhughes
    Free Member

defo go for the lyriks.much more reliable.

carbon337
    Free Member

Im after Lyrik coil uturns – email in profile.

Need to be about 195 steerer and 1 1/8

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

*laughs at 160mm fork swap-shop appearing*

Thanks for the offers guys, I don’t get on with coil forks as I seem to always be between spring weights!

any opinions on those listed?!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Rob, what age are your TALAS’s? think I want a new fork really mind…

RobHilton
    Free Member

RopeyReignRider – Member
    Rob, what age are your TALAS’s? think I want a new fork really mind…

Bit of a funny story…
    They came from a 2007 RM Slayer but… the lowers, stanchions, crown, steerer, TALAS adjuster and probably some of the internals all had to be replaced for various reasons so they’re now more of an 08/09 model.
    Something like Trigger’s broom.

All work done by Mojo and I’ve kept the receipts & service forms (somewhere!)

The funny bit? The cost to me (lots)! Only sent tham in for a service, but ended up with a practically new set for about half of RRP.

Can provide pics or any other info if needed.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Ok thanks Rob, I’ll have a think / browse/think!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

any other opinions?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Cant believe now one’s told you that you really need ridged forks for riding trail centres, what is this forum coming too?!?

I used to think Rockshox were more reliable that Fox, but I’ve had so much trouble with supposedly indestructable Pikes that I think I’d be tempted to go for Fox over Lyriks if I wanted more travel (and often do think about it…)

or, 150mm Revs?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help me! Quick fork decision needed asap!!’ is closed to new replies.