Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Help me pick a new CHEAP 'All mountain' 140-160mm frame please…Im stuck
  • hora
    Free Member

I’m not a fan of the meta5. I bought one direcy for 300 new without shock. Didnt feel right. The early one are supposed to be bangtidy though compared.

Pitch/Enduro is good but the earlier Enduro is better if you can find one still?

Or a Patriot 😀 (NO Im not selling).

How about a Blur4X??

Rickos
    Free Member

Rob – the classifieds are over there.

hora
    Free Member

400 for a Pitch??? 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m still thinking Meta 5 because there is one local and in budget.

Perhaps a reasonably old one would already have cracked if it was going to? So just be sure to go over it carefully and you might well be fine.

meames
    Free Member

Must be some movement in price on this Attack Trail

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1477252/

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

The meta was VERY well ridden judging by the amount of rub on it. I’m thinking I want a meta 6 and not the 5 so have let that one go.

I am now considering a cracked (swing arm) Alpine 160 frame that is in budget. I can get a local fabricator to fix it for about £60-70 they have done a lot of similar repairs for me before.

Fingers crossed I will get that one.

Many thanks

hora
    Free Member

Good call on the Marin.

wobbem
    Free Member

Prophet, will take tapered forks up to 160mm, simple service on rear sus bearings (no stupid multi linkages) Strong as an ox and cheap because they are under rated.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

and a 27.2mm seat tube 🙁

shifter
    Free Member

He’s had three Prophets already! Keep up 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

looking good 🙂

jam-bo

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-frames-intense-specialized-ellsworth

The SX. Not 160mm travel but the most fun you’ll have on a bike. Would rip at cann/gawton

jam-bo

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-transition-covert-small-orange-frame-150mm-nearly-new-600

Or if you can stretch a bit this is in Plymouth and I know he paid less than that for it…

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Thanks a heap for all the ideas guys!

I’ve gone with a lovely Alpine 160 with a monarch, post and clamp for £150 posted. It does have a VERY small ‘X’ shaped crack around a breather hole in the swing arm brace (sits behind the seat tube). This is tiny but I will probably get it fixed anyway.

Failing that a 2nd hard swing arm may come up at some point.

For the money I think it’s wicked!

Cheers all

I_Ache
    Free Member

Bloody hell that’s cheap!

hambl90
    Free Member

tomaso
    Free Member

Bargain!

chakaping
    Free Member

Good deal.

Get it fixed soon as you can if you’re going to, those cracks spread fast in that spot.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Cheers for that mate, I was going to post a ‘shall I get it fixed thread’. Maybe I will then!

Cheers

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Help me pick a new CHEAP 'All mountain' 140-160mm frame please…Im stuck’ is closed to new replies.