Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Help me pick a bike and recommend me some TV
  • atlaz
    Free Member

So I’ve got a 10-day stint in a B&B in Luxembourg coming up. I’ve downloaded the first season of the Wire to watch and have some Terra Nova and Walking Dead to watch but need some TV recommendations to keep me occupied as I detest living in hotels as sooner or later if I’m not careful I end up propping up the bar.

Secondly as I’ll be there over a weekend I thought I’d take a bike and explore a bit. I’m thinking hardtail MTB but taking that back to my room muddy might get some raised eyebrows (plus I’m still tracking down the singletrack). Also the road bike will cover more ground and an 80-odd mile ride should cover a good part of the country. Dunno, I’m lacking in mental faculties.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

You could download the entire back catalogue of Dexter.

atlaz
    Free Member

I could, but would I want to? Is it good?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

On my tablet I have the entire Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister. Never fails to keep me amused!

I also have several other films to cater to my varying moods….!

Cougar

I could, but would I want to? Is it good?

No, we usually recommend crap things… :-p

Check the Search, someone else asked the same question about a week ago.

What do you like?

Random recommendation, Breaking Bad.

mactheknife

Dexter is fooking amazing, unsurprisingly the books are better.

atlaz
    Free Member

No, we usually recommend crap things… :-p

It wouldn’t be the first time someone recommends something crap just out of spite 😛

Breaking bad gets some recommendation from friends in the US. Know nothing about it, maybe the first series then along with Dexter.

Cougar

It wouldn’t be the first time someone recommends something crap just out of spite

Good point, well made.

I’ve only watched the first ep of Breaking Bad, shows promise and comes heavily recommended by friends.

“Justified” is supposed to be good too, not seen it yet.

Alone in a hotel room, you could do worse than True Blood.

atlaz
    Free Member

Alone in a hotel room, you could do worse than True Blood

I watched Rome on a transatlantic flight once. 12 year old kid sitting across the aisle from me was fixated on it for hours.

grim168
    Free Member

The wire is superb. On of the best series I’ve seen. Dexter is pretty good as is the sopranos

maccruiskeen

If you like the wire then maybe Generation Kill.

If you’re likely to get sick of american accents (or in the case of the Wire british actors with american accents) then the first series of Misfits is very good

And as for bike choice – if you haven’t already researched routes before you go for the MTB then take the road bike. That way you can spend more of your weekend riding rather than wondering where to ride.

atlaz
    Free Member

Saw Generation Kill; was definitely good. I assume no second season given the source material. Yeah, I’m leaning towards the road bike too, good way to see the countryside and from recollection the roads are super smooth and there’s some Cat 3 climbs out on the German side.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Breaking Bad
    Dexter
    Game of Thrones
    Spartacus

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help me pick a bike and recommend me some TV’ is closed to new replies.