Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • help me out a little , drilling a cog
  • firestarter
    Free Member

HI I’ve got a centerlock wheel and I wanted to run fixed so I’ve bought a six bolt centerlock adaptor and a velosolo bolt on cog but the adaptor has little grub screws that the rotor would sit on normally then be fastened down.

But the holes in the cog are only as big as rotor bolts and the ones in the adaptor are I little bigger
    Any ideas on how the bore out the holes a little. I’ve thought of shutting it in a vice and ramming it on as It’s almost going in it looks like its only the threads stopping it. If that makes sense
    Thanks

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ive doogr ata dogpof as big as thdsthat dommntytyoungf fffft shhsuooiut in ti ma vwwxxcivced / just thdak ei t seasey.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The holes in the cog are too small? Drill them?

firestarter
    Free Member

**** off Fred ya bulbend 😉

Al would a normal drill bit do it do you reckon

thomthumb
    Free Member

drill bit will drill a cog if needed. it’s the clamping/ drilling true that’s the challenge…

Sam

you’ll want a decent pillar drill, cobalt bit, cutting oil and some patience, though as it’s only slightly enlarging holes it shouldn’t be too tough.

Hairychested
    Free Member

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheers chaps will ask at work if anyone has a pillar drill

uplink
    Free Member

it’s the clamping/ drilling true that’s the challenge…

given that there’s already a pilot hole the larger twist drill will just follow that

coatesy
    Free Member

Good luck if using a standard drill bit,I tried something similar and it wouldn’t look at it.Take Sam’s advice.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don’t know abouf fixie cogs but I’ve filed hyperglide cogs before which means they weren’t hardened.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Tried to drill a superstar cog once and the drill didn’t even mark it even in a pillar drill with cutting oil. Bastard hard.

firestarter
    Free Member

Sorted it 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘help me out a little , drilling a cog’ is closed to new replies.