Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Help me name or find the film.
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

I watched a film in the last 12 months. It was about a friendship between a boy and a girl. Quite sweet and touching. Set in the US.

The soundtrack seemed to be written by a single person. Quite simplistic and pleasant ukulele backing and a single female (IIRC) vocal.

Anyone know the film I’m talking about?

Thanks

Lester
    Free Member

Bridge to terebithia ? Your post reminded me to look for this film, even if it’s not the one you are after, try watching it, really good film

BoardinBob

50 days of summer?

gallowayboy

Napoleon Dynamite? was from a few years ago, mind…2005 maybe?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Neither of those, but thanks. I think the film is only a year or two old.

The children were younger than in 500 Days of Summer.

The soundtrack was all the ukelele style with simplistic and lovely lyrics. Very childlike. I remember watching a few of the tracks on youtube (can’t find them in the history).

The end scene was the two of them sat on steps outside the boys house.

Thanks for the guesses.

submarined
    Free Member

Doesn’t quite fit the film bill(because no mention of pregnancy…), but soundtrack description says Juno. A lot of the soundtrack written and performed by Kimya Dawson (Moldy Peaches).

LittleNose
    Free Member

I’d stump up a guess at Juno too

5plusn8
    Free Member

Sounds like Boyhood.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys-mbHXyWX4[/video]

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

JUNO!!!

Thank you STW. Yet to leave me hanging.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Neither of those, but thanks. I think the film is only a year or two old.

Juno is a decade old.

scotroutes

Juno?

I do now.

woody2000

Juno?? It’s about a pregnant teenager giving up her baby to a childless couple…..

DezB
    Free Member

There is one scene that fits the OP’s description 🙂

johnners
    Free Member

It was about a friendship between a boy and a girl. Quite sweet and touching. Set in the US.

We got there anyway, but I’m amazed you didn’t think mentioning that she was pregnant might help!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Yep. You lot got there. I’d forgotten that part!

I’m quite a passive television watcher johnners and woody.

My wifes loves one of my many endearing features. Sitting next to her whilst she’s watching and alternately interrupting with random conversation about whatever’s occurred to me and asking what’s happening/happened in the film. Bloody loves it she does!

Cougar

My wifes loves one of my many endearing features. Sitting next to her whilst she’s watching and alternately interrupting with random conversation about whatever’s occurred to me and asking what’s happening/happened in the film. Bloody loves it she does!

If I were your wife I’d have made a start on that patio I’d always wanted.

woody2000

It’s the opposite way round at our house, my OH will ask me what’s going on or who said what etc etc at least every 10 minutes or so. Thing is, I’m partially deaf so I have to concentrate pretty hard myself or I miss the dialogue! Grrr! 😈

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I presume the music you speak of is The Mouldy Peaches

prawny

It’s a combination of the two things above in my house, the Mrs watches somthing she wants to watch, I mess about with my phone or ipad or a magazine, then she asks me what’s going on. Somehow despite me paying minimal attention I can almost always tell her who’s who what’s what

pocpoc
    Free Member

Yep. You lot got there. I’d forgotten that part!

Isn’t that part the main plot of the film? And also the name of the film? (Juno being a reference to Junior)
    It’s been a long time since I saw it (thought it was rubbish and the lead two really annoying) but I remember it being about being knocked up!

BoardinBob

the main character is called Juno

pocpoc
    Free Member

Ah, fair enough.
    Show’s how much of an impact it made on me!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If you’d just mentioned the running shorts, someone would have got it in the first post.

EDIT – it’s this guy, right?

CountZero

Ah yes, Juno, starring the lovely Ellen Page – quite forgotten it, saw it when it first came out, really ten years ago? 😯

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If you enjoyed that then why not enjoy this:

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Help me name or find the film.’ is closed to new replies.