Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Help me name a film
  • welshfarmer

Trying to remember a film I have seen a couple of times. Starts with Mr. Average getting a job which entails going to conferences where all the members get brainwashed. He meets a woman (think chinese looking) who he hooks up with. Ends up she is actually his wife and he is in deep cover trying to get industrial secrets or something like that. Flies a weird helicopter to escape which he thinks he can’t fly, but he can because he invented it as he other persona.

Bugging me now.

Anyone know which film this is. I may even be mixing my films up so apologies in advance if no-one as the faintest idea what I am on about!

loddrik
    Free Member

Cypher

mrsfry
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    welshfarmer

🙂 knew I could rely you you guys…… cheers.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Which one was it. (The winner better get a marriage proposal :evil:)

loddrik
    Free Member

better get a marriage proposal :evil:)

You snooze you lose.

welshfarmer

lol, same film I think mrsfry. If you click your link it takes you to the Brainstorm details which it lists as “CYPHER” original title.

So both right, however, I have a feeling Mrsfarmer may have something to say about any prospective proposals (although she is away for the week 😉 )

Cougar

Wasn’t Cypher by the same guy who did Cube? If you like this, watch that.

Cypher has a clever use of colour IIRC; the film gets gradually more vivid as the protagonist becomes more aware of the real world. Or something. I really need to watch it again.

mrsfry
    Free Member

@ Welshfarmer. I would have showerd you in kebab meat and Lambrini for the rest of your life. You heartbreaker 🙁

@ Loddrick I hope you loose your figure

welshfarmer

Oh you temptress Mrsfry. Well the other half isn’t back for a few days and I need a reason to get on and prepare the new patio….

I do love a good Lambrini

CountZero

Kebab meat and Lambrini, hmmm? Now there’s an offer… 😉

Xylene
    Free Member

While on this.

I saw a couple of clips on you tube of what appeared to be a film that looked to be set in wales.

Group of lads driving a car – with some funny banter between them,chavish looks.

I think from reading it holds cult status now, but is fairly recent.

willard

Twin Town?

A great scene in the parole(?) office with the car keys and “papa?”, “Nicole?” quote. It’s quite an old film though…

Xylene
    Free Member

^ not twin town, similar to that though

welshfarmer

Ah, Twin Town. Got to be one of the funniest films around (if you have that sense of humour). Even funnier if you know Swansea 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

welshfarmer – Member
    lol, same film I think mrsfry. If you click your link it takes you to the Brainstorm details which it lists as “CYPHER” original title.

Sounds rubbish compared to this 80s one titled Brainstorm. Unrelated plot, features Christopher Walken, and some cracking visuals that flicks to super widescreen for the dream/memory sequences (sadly the effect is lost a bit on TV)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085271/

Loved that film. A bit disturbing.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Help me name a film’ is closed to new replies.