Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help me move, get free stuff!
  • bencooper
    Free Member

Problem 1: I’m moving my shop next weekend, there’s only one of me, and I’ve got various workbenches etc to shift.

Problem 2: After 12 years in this shop, I’ve got loads of stuff, too much to move to the new shop.

So I had an idea – come along and help me lift things on and off of the van, and you can help yourself to any of the spare stuff. There’s new old stock, used but decent parts, tools, furniture, stands, and whatever else I find in the attic.

I’ll be back and forth between the old shop (54 Switchback Rd, Bearsden) and the new one (826 Garscube Rd, Maryhill) so best keep an eye on my Facebook (Facebook.com/KineticsGlasgow) or Twitter (@bencooper) to see where I am.

Should be a complete disaster fun 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

I am miles away, so can’t help, but here’s a picture of a forklift.

Imagine I used it to help you, and feel free to give me free stuff.

bencooper
    Free Member

Won’t fit through the shop door 😉

iain1775
    Free Member

How small are your doors? No wonder your moving 😉

Give Jamie his free stuff

Jamie
    Free Member

Won’t fit through the shop door

Nah, it’s only little. As shown here using the imperial dog scale. With 1 dog equalling about 5 tortoises.

bencooper
    Free Member

😀

scotroutes

If you’re moving the whole shop, can’t you just do that with everything in it – or does that put you above max axle weight?

bencooper
    Free Member

I have seriously considered moving into a couple of 40ft containers to solve the problem next time – even looked at some ex-MoD workshop containers.

downgrade
    Free Member

you can help yourself to any of the spare stuff.

Stuff, you say? I like stuff. Relevant social media stalking switched on. Can’t quite remember what else is happening next weekend.

timbur
    Free Member

Why can’t you be in East Sussex.
    I’d turn up with my trailer to help (and take free stuff away :O)

creagbhan

What time/day?

bencooper
    Free Member

Saturday and Sunday – probably all day both, shuttling back and forth with the van.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help me move, get free stuff!’ is closed to new replies.