Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Help me justify a TI hardtail
  • scotroutes

Can you see the obvious flaw in this sentence?

chestrockwell

And be aware that many of the ti evangelists on here may be justifying their expensive ego chariots to themselves.

Also be aware that those looking to put down Ti owners may have a little of the green eyed monster. Quite often the same people who feel the need to tell every FS and/or carbon rider that they’re compensating for lack of skill. 😉

I don’t have any titanium or carbon content btw.

Why the hell not treat yourself after being out there. If you want it, get it. It’ll give you some thing to look forward to.

Northwind

chakaping – Member

And be aware that many of the ti evangelists on here may be justifying their expensive ego chariots to themselves.

Maybe. I’m always a bit embarassed about it tbh, the first thing I always tell everyone about my Ragley is how it wasn’t very expensive (except for hte people that think it’s steel, perfectly happy with that)

bikeneil
    Free Member

ego chariots 

Love that term 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Also be aware that those looking to put down Ti owners may have a little of the green eyed monster. Quite often the same people who feel the need to tell every FS and/or carbon rider that they’re compensating for lack of skill

Touché!

FWIW I used to covet a ti frame and fit the “middle-aged serial bike swapper” demographic for ownership… but I’ve increasingly come to regard bikes as tools and couldn’t justify the premium myself and carbon has made it irrelevant from my POV.

And of course experience has taught me that “bike for life” is a myth.

To be honest I’m sure most owners don’t regard them as status symbols, but they do seem to be given more of an aspirational gloss than other bikes.

br
    Free Member

My lynskey built ti frame for life lasted 3 months

Mine (456Ti) is now into its sixth year, and ridden at least twice a week. So at this rate it’s cost me all of £125 per year – about the same price as an annual service on a Fox shock.

myti
    Free Member

Do it! Can’t stop looking at my ti bike…never mind if it rides well it’s worth the money as a piece of eye candy

ditchvisitor
    Free Member

Dan, this was my present when I got back from Afghanistan last time!

Ti is awesome to ride! I got mine direct from Lynskey and they gave me a healthy military discount!
    Bought most of the bits when I was away and even had some bits shipped to Bastion!

Northwind

Cool of them to do the discount but they sent you a bent one

(I’m sure the twisty is dead clever, and I know it’s difficult to do, but it just looks silly.)

ditchvisitor
    Free Member

I reckon it looks awesome! Get so many comments about it!

Northwind

I don’t think I’d be able to stop stroking it, to be fair

ditchvisitor
    Free Member

Haha! I love the purple king bits! They were a mission to get! Pretty rare!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Help me justify a TI hardtail’ is closed to new replies.