Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help me identify the year of these RS Boxxer Teams please!
  • kevin1911

A set of Boxxers came on a bike I recently bought on ebay. They’re too much for what I need so plan to sell them. Trouble is I can’t work out what year they are. Any RS aficionados able to help?

Some things that might help. They have a blue compression and gold floodgate dial on one side and nothing on the other. The axle requires one side to be loosened before it can be unscrewed. I think they might be 2007.

Any ideas what to advertise them for? Work really well but got some minor scratches on one stantion and a few minor bits of cable rub. Is £175 too optimistic?

chilled76
    Free Member

Either 2006, 2007 or 2008… all effectively the same fork.

IMHO the best Boxxers ever made before the new generation ones.

If I still rode DH I’d have them off you at £175 as a spare pair.

Put them on Ride.io forum and they will go quick.

hatter

Yup, 2007/8’s I reckon, cracking vintage.

kevin1911

Great thanks!

Northwind

That could almost be my set, which were 07s. Right stickers etc. But tbh old Boxxers didn’t vary that much in the later years anyway. Really nice those.

Price you mentioned seems pretty reasonable, think I took £190 for mine which were in slightly better cosmetic nick, but not by much. (they had loads of spares though) Oh, watch out, the brake mount isn’t a standard IS, it’s a bloody silly standalone format so if you’ve got a brake adaptor for them, get it bolted on.

kevin1911

Yep I do have that bundle of spacers and washers. Pretty strange system!

Lummox

Hi, in the market for a set of forks like these. If you’re considering selling then I’d be interested.

Email is in profile

Al

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help me identify the year of these RS Boxxer Teams please!’ is closed to new replies.