• This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Si.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Help me get my knee sorted please
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

After my crash 10 days ago the wound on my knee has healed well and the stitches come out tomorrow all being well.

Because i have had a straight leg for the last ten days walking is an issue as the muscles are tightening and also i am not bending my knee properly.

I went a walk today and it felt almost as if i had to try to walk rather than swing a straight leg. It bends to an l shape but no further without pain at the moment, is it just a case of bend it a bit more each day or are their stretches/exercises i could be doing? AFAIK their was no muscle or ligament damage just a big gash to my knee cap.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Got a picture of the injury?

djflexure

Time is a great healer. Don’t do anything daft and it will be fine in a couple of weeks.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Mere flesh wound then. If I’d had an injury like that I’d be getting back on the bike to build the strength back in the legs and also stretching out my quads a few times a day. It’ll be right enough in no time.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Thats the thing – what stretches? Only quad stretch i know is pulling the ankle to the rear of the thigh but it won’t bend that far 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

only way is to use it, just don’t over do it and make the injury last longer, hope you progress quickly

racing_ralph
    Free Member

cheers rd – was expecting a sarky answer from you 🙂 My opinion has changed.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Try lying on your back and pulling your knee towards your chest and then use your arms to pull your heel towards your backside. It’s primarily a stretch for your buttcheek bit it also stretches some of your quads and will enable you to get more bend in your knee and get to a place where you can do the stretch you already know.

Maybe use a hot water bottle to warm the muscles up first.

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve had a kee injury, literally a pain, got back on the bike too early and paid the price, just don’t rush it

not sarcy when it comes to something stopping a guy riding, happy new year

racing_ralph
    Free Member

you too dude

Blower
    Free Member

time lad,dont rush it as RD says…
    anyway healing vibes.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i suggest Reiki and homeopathy…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

It’s not 1975 and I am not gay 😉

Si
    Free Member

Oh I don’t know about that…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Help me get my knee sorted please’ is closed to new replies.