Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Help me find the perfect frame…please??
  • hicksville
    Free Member

Hello after coming back from the pyrenees I am looking at my current bikes and wondering if I should reassess my bikes and what i do. I currently have a titus supermoto set up with 160mm Fox forks and 150mm rear travel with a 67 HA and 68 Seat angle. I love the way it descends, mega confidence inspiring, it is a good climber but at 36lbs wears me down after 4 hours riding. I also have a Yeti asr-sl with 100mm forks weighing in 26 lbs but could make lighter, been great in the pyrenees, outstanding climber but not great going downhill, I seemed to get buffetted off lots of stuff.
    So I am looking for a frame new or older frame that I can pick up cheap or second hand that will weigh in around 28 to 29 lbs, descend well and be a good climber. As a rider I ahve a few injuries so would say I am a trail rider I will do a few drops but am no hucker,I will err on the side of caution but I am a descent climber possibly my strongest point, looking for an all day bike that will take in the ups and help me on the downs. I need full suss due to back and neck problems. I love the Supermoto for its descending qualities but it really is too much bike for me, would make a great alps bike, the Yeti is too racy for me but it helped me survive long days in the pryenees last week both on road and off.
    Recommendations welcome…………..or should I stay ith what I got???!!!

theflatboy
    Free Member

ellsworth truth.

theflatboy
    Free Member

here you go, get this one

sofatester
    Free Member

Orange 5?

Joxster
    Free Member

Kona Coilair?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pitch

mk1fan
    Free Member

Hustler

MrSmith
    Free Member

tranceX

freakcrab
    Free Member

Heckler.
    Mine comes in at 28.5lbs with Pikes.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

575,or Orange 5.

MikeWW
    Free Member

If you fancy a hardtail

Dialled alpines are Wicked bikes, Descends really nicely, climbs well.

just bought one, love it, replaced my full sus with it

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Chumba VF2, very similar to your ML, slightly steeper and lighter 5″ travel and very stiff.

hicksville
    Free Member

si my Titus is a supermoto I think the frame weighs approx 9.5 lbs, how much for the chumba????/

Mikeww, great suggestion but I think my hardtail days are over and I have my litespeed kitsuma hung on the wall at the moment

jeb

Giant Reign.

Totally stunning, i owned,ellsworth ID, nomad, intense5.5, Blur LT, just fitted it with CK wheels, pike team air, fox rp2, it pedals crazy fast, best climber i had(maybe the nomad was just as good) and its slack headtube, is super when pointing the bike down.
    Just get it.

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

The VF2 weighs around 6.5lb with shock for a medium. If you are interested drop me a mail for a good price.

info@progressive-bikes.co.uk

Hairychested
    Free Member

Cannondale Prophet with an air shock and fork (I bought 36 Talas). You’ll love it.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Love the chumba, possibly my next bike.

badblood
    Free Member

Yeti 575 gets my vote will build up at around 27 lbs with sensible kit, climbs well and comes back down beautifully, very confidence inspiring ride

rj
    Free Member

That’s a lot of recommendations. Not ridden many of them, but I have recently tried a Trek Remedy and found it superior to my Meta 5 in every way. Light, climbs well and I descended faster than I’ve ever done in my life (which is a leisurely pace for anyone else). I’m struggling to justify a Nomad over the Trek and I’ve always wanted a Nomad.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

After my late evening sun-filled ride, i have to stick it out there for the HT crowd and say a Pace 303 if you can get one. Still the most grin- inducing bike ive ever owned or had the pleasure to ride, be it for half an hour, or 12 hrs in the saddle.

Coyote
    Free Member

The perfect bike is like hora. It doesn’t really exist. 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Help me find the perfect frame…please??’ is closed to new replies.