Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help me find a TDF documentary
  • maccruiskeen

Trying to track down a particular documentary or specifically a clip that appears in one.

… Saw a documentary about the TDF on the Bike Channel a few months back – focusing I think on mountain stages. The particular clip I’m interested in is some fairly old footage showing a struggling rider on a climb and spectators are taking turns to push him up the hill like a relay race – its quite a long take so you see several spectators each running with/pushing the rider as far as they can then the next one takes over.

Sound familiar to anyone?

ninfan
    Free Member

About 14 minutes in to this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mEBqyqtm5Zk

maccruiskeen

Thats not the actual clip but very similar – thanks for that. The one I’m thinking of is one long take (filmed from a camera following) or one rider being passed from one spectator to the next.

butcher

What kind of period are you talking? There a few fairly generic documentaries highlighting the history of the tour and certain individuals – Merckx, etc. I reckon there’s probably a bit of that in those somewhere. Mine are boxed up somewhere, but sure they’ve pretty generic names – History of the Tour…etc.

I’m wondering too if it could be the Tom Simpson docu. Been a while since I’ve seen it though..

paton
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nLxAKwtBb4[/video]

maccruiskeen

What kind of period are you talking?

The one I was watch covered quite a range of eras – it was about the mountain stages in the tour rather than one particular year. That doesn’t really narrow it down I know.

The two things that stick in my memory about it were this particular clip I mention above and some really quite (unintentionally) comical foley sound effects when ever there was a cut away of wildlife on the mountains.

The clip I’m talking about could easily pop up in any number of docs though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help me find a TDF documentary’ is closed to new replies.