Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • help me find some low profile 29r tyres……….
  • ton

cos it is doing my nut in that i cant find any.

50mm wide at most, and very low profile.

i have looked everywhere but cant find any….. 😐

nedrapier
    igm

Bonty 29-0s?

Or how about 2.0″ Schwalbe Big Apple 28s (actually a 29er tyre) for an almost knobble free life.

Hedgehopper

Or these:

ton

the spesh borough’s came to mind, but i also found these.
    a bit bigger, anyone used them?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18835

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

forgive me if this sounds a bit ‘fick’ bu it’s been a (very) long day and I’m not firing on all four cylinders but…. can’t you fit some 700cc touring tyres ???

igm
    nedrapier

Yeah, more seriously, what do you mean by low profile, and what do you want them for?

Less width is going to equal less height, profile for any tyre is going to depend on your rims?

ton

Stan, the tyres are for my electric bike, to allow me to go offroad on a tour with the lads in 3 week.
    a 700c touring tyre is not a big enough air pocket.
    the bike weighs 50lbs and with my weight too, i need a bit bigger tyre, but a 29r 2” tyre is just too big.

igm

That Bonty 29-0 comes in a 1.9 but and I think there’s a 40mm Schwalbe Marathon, but the Spesh does look like a good option.

igm

Conti Touring Plus 700×47

Actually check out Starbike in general for a good old list of options – they have a Schwalbe Marathon Kevlar MB 47-622 there too

ton

Ian, perfect mate…cheers.

RichBowman

I’d avoid the Specialized Boroughs – I’ve had far too many punctures with the pair I’ve got.

The conti’s on the other hand (mixture of the touring, Sport contacts and Travel Contacts) have been magnificent. Highly recommended.

Rich

Big-Dave
    Free Member

WTB Pathways? I’ve got some 38’s on my Karate Monkey at the mo and they are pretty versatile tyres.

The only downside is they are heavier than the moon. Seriously, the anti puncture strip under the tread is massive. Pretty tough mind…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘help me find some low profile 29r tyres……….’ is closed to new replies.