Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help me find my problem (pedalling content)
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

When pedalling, My pedal stroke stalls when the right pedal is at the top of its stroke, without fail.

I was initially convinced it was my shoe, but change of shoes hasn’t resolved it.
    The rear wheel is a hope pro 2 I’ve swapped the axle and the end caps but hasn’t resolved it.
    I’ve swapped to a different wheel and it still does it.
    I’ve replaced the bottom bracket but still not resolved.

It’s getting expensive now but I’m still struggling to fine the fault.

I’m left with pedal arms
    Chain ring
    Pedal
    Or rear mech,

Any thoughts before I tackle the next issue?

It’s shimano 1 by 10 Slx with a superstar narrow wide chainring.

jam-bo

Right leg is shorter than left.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Yeah i did think it was a reflex in my legs but it’s fine on a different bike.

Oh and it does it when I’m standing so it’s not something random like a broken seatpost

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Shackleton

Bent crank or pedal axle?

scaredypants

badly bent chainring tooth, not releasing the chain ?

bent crank ?

saddle too high ?

you haven’t bought an oval ring and fitted it 90 degrees out ? (should fail on both sides if it was that, though)

If it happens in several gears and with every revolution of the pedals it can’t be to do with the rear wheel

cyclistm
    Free Member

Hhmmm bent crank arm or pedal axle might be my next look. Could be chainring.

It seems to be with every revolution so I guess it needs to be something at the front.

Thanks

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Saddle too low. Cranks too long (are they the same length on the other bike? Do you use the same pedal/shoes on both?).

TheSanityAssassin

There was a similar thread to this a few months ago. It was resolved when folk asked to see pics – and the chap had fitted his cranks offset and misaligned…

cyclistm
    Free Member

Cranks are aligned. I swapped the chainset and pedals from another bike and the problem is resolved, so it’s definltley one of those.

Further diagnosis tomorrow.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Oval chainring? Fitted 90deg out ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help me find my problem (pedalling content)’ is closed to new replies.