Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help me find my imaginary 19mm socket.
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Reet.

Need a deep reach 19mm socket that can hold a nut captive within it. Doesn’t matter if the nut is held in by magnetism/o-ring etc so long as it’s a proper off the shelf product (long story but it’s for a demo for an important client where a bodge is a no no).

Been through the usual magnetic spark plug sockets/ grip tite sockets but nothing in 19mm.

teethgrinder
    bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Spotted those thanks but wondered what stopped them staying with the nut rather than in the socket?

teethgrinder

I’d imagine slightly oversized so that they’re an interference fit in the socket. They were pretty much all Google showed up, apart from a set at Aliexpress for power screwdrivers.

Or these

shaggy

I bought this one recently. Works well but the seller seems to have sold out. Might be worth dropping them a email/call?

Mikeypies
    Free Member

can’t you glue inside a rare earth magnet?,if done carefully should look good and not a bodge

mcmoonter
    Free Member

That’s a neat idea teethgrinder, I just ordered one.

Snap On made a short 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch drive adaptor which had a magnetic extended centre which went through the socket drive centre and adhered to a bolt head. It didn’t work with nuts.

OP would these not work for you?

https://store.snapon.com/MAGNETIC-AND-SURFACE-DRIVE-SOCKETS-C796485.aspx

duncancallum

So a bit of card folded over just won’t cut it. What’s the world coming too….

Greybeard
    Free Member

I think maycontainnuts has what you’re after (and with that username!)
    but if not maybe this or this – but while they say they can be used with retaining rings they don’t show how?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

So a bit of card folded over just won’t cut it. What’s the world coming too….

It’s a nuclear ting.

That looks ideal shaggy, just found a euro supplier with a 3/4 day delivery so could be an option.

Those inserts don’t look too bad actually teethgrinder

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl2tpSUwFYE[/video]

Has to be a deep reach socket mcmoonter as it’s winding the nut down to the bottom of a stud.

maycontainnuts, spotted some similar but the ones in your link are quite a bit cheaper cheers.

Thanks again everyone.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Greybeard – Member
    I think maycontainnuts has what you’re after (and with that username!)
    but if not maybe this or this – but while they say they can be used with retaining rings they don’t show how?

Usually the rings and pins are to retain the socket onto the impact wrench.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help me find my imaginary 19mm socket.’ is closed to new replies.