Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help me find a new mp3 player please :)
  • stayhigh

Morning All

My mp3 player packed up so I replaced it with a 4gb Creative Zen. Now my old no name generic device would play all the albums loaded onto it back to back and when in random mode it would shuffle all of them which was fantastic for going out riding or being busy around the house etc.

Disappointingly the Zen will only play one album at a time and will only shuffle one album also. I’ve had a fiddle through all the options but nothing changes it from this so its going.

So can anyone recomend me an mp3 player that will play all albums and will shuffle continuosly through all the albums loaded onto it? Ideally 4gb and pocket friendly size and around £35.

I’ve seen a Scandisc Sansa Clip but dont know if it does the functions I’m after.

Cheers all 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Do you have a phone that takes a Micro SD card? If so, bash one in and job done!

IdleJon

Disappointingly the Zen will only play one album at a time and will only shuffle one album also. I’ve had a fiddle through all the options but nothing changes it from this so its going.

My 8gb Zen will randomly play all/any of the tracks on the player. I’d assume that yours is the same? (It won’t play album after album though unless you create a playlist, I think?)

I haven’t got the player in front of me, but there is a DJ mode after the 1st main menu where you can select various modes including ‘random play all’.

stayhigh

My phone does take a micro SD card but it tends 2 eat the battery when using as an mp3. I’d prefer to have a seperate thing & keep my phone in my bag to keep it safer if I come off.

The one I have is the Zen Style 100. No DJ options in the menus. It lists shuffle all as a play back option but as I said only does the given album its on.

I can’t b doing with making playlists for it, I just want to be able to load it to load it with tunes, press play or random & job done.

IdleJon

stayhigh – Member

The one I have is the Zen Style 100. No DJ options in the menus. It lists shuffle all as a play back option but as I said only does the given album its on.

A different model from mine then!

I can’t b doing with making playlists for it, I just want to be able to load it to load it with tunes, press play or random & job done.

Yep, I’m the same. Never used the playlist thing.

sweepy
    Free Member

its the clip you want

CountZero

Clip has always gotten good reviews. There was another cheap player that got reviewed well, Creative Stone? Something Stone anyway, for the same sort of price.

Del

that’s the creative zen stone i think you mean. i have one – quite old now ( 4 years or maybe even 5 or 6? ). still available i think. does random across full content for sure.
    in some respects i wish it’d die but it survived a dip in the canal earlier this year ( which killed my htc desire 🙁 ).
    i’d look at the sansa mentioned these days.

sunnrider
    Free Member

I´ve used a sansa clip for years. Best mp3 player I ever bought.
    It shuffles or plays back to back no problem, also has a neat little option to just play the most recently added music.

stayhigh

Excellent stuff cheers for your help, one will be making its wsy to me soon 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

making playlists is one of the great things about MP3s!!!

mine are like little stories.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help me find a new mp3 player please :)’ is closed to new replies.