Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help me find a decent & cheap rear light please.
  • squin
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve just had my 2nd Cateye LD600 (5 led strip light)that I run on the back of my road bike pack in. Great light for brightness, but terrible brightness considering they give up the ghost quickly.

Seems that the terminals go rusty (and you can’t reach the lower one, probably as water gets in. Would have thought that they would keep a little more water out.

So, anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks.

Stu.

Mjolnir
    Free Member

I bought a couple of these from On-One last month.
    They do a decent job. Nothing spectacular but for under a quid they’re easily replaced if broken

They also do a 5 led strip light a little like your Cat eye (though possibly nowhere near the same quality)

jekkyl

Tesco do one for about 2 or 3 quid, rear lights a rear light int it, they’re red and they flash. Not sure if the christmas tree type rear lights are really needed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    houndlegs
    Free Member

I’ll second the phaart lights,the one I got is as bright as my smart one which I give 15 quid for.

samuri
    Free Member

As above, walk in to local big supermarket, buy very cheap flashing lights. Enjoy. If you’re feeling particularly paranoid, pop it open and seal it with some bathroom silicon but you won’t need to.

Plus the supermarket mounts are usually very good. Unlike some boutique light mounts I could mention who will charge you 20 quid for a replacement.

jkomo

No.
    No no no.
    On one twin half watt rear £1.99.

Thank you and good night.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help me find a decent & cheap rear light please.’ is closed to new replies.