Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help me find a band from the vaguest description
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

So I had a great night in on Friday streaming/listening to music via youtube on the smart TV.
    I started at a KEXP King Gizzard set which rolled into a full The War on Drugs concert ( in Holland), at which point I had become fairly inebriated.
    I have fleeting memories of another KEXP set, this time The National – and then I specifically remember walking up during another set – which sounded amazing. I decided I’d found my favourite new band but promptly fell asleep before I could save/log/remember the info.

This band had a big sound, kind of similar to War on Drugs in scale. But with a female lead singer with blonde hair. She ‘may’ have been playing guitar.
    The only other band member I can recall was male (there were almost certainly more members), and he definitely had a dashing goatee/moustache arrangement.
    It may have been another KEXP performance but I can’t be certain.

I’ve searched through my YouTube history but unfortunately because it was the app on my smart TV that was streaming and I wasn’t logged in, it hasn’t stored any info.
    I’ve tried recreating a playlist on YouTube by streaming the same War on Drugs and National sets but no avail.

The closest I’ve come so far to discovering the act was by searching through the KEXP channel on YouTube, which is VAST, and have found Wolf Alice. However, although they seem to rock pretty well, I’m missing the moustachioed fella and not feeling the exact same vibe.

Do any of you officianados have any ideas or suggestions on whom this band may have been?
    It was deffo guitar and drum based, not an indy synth style band. Nor was it an awful nu-rock/evanescence style group.

gregsd
    Free Member

Wolf Alice? Doh, just read all of your post!

slimjim78
    Free Member

Ha!
    I was under the influence. Perhaps Wolf Alice are they, but in the stone cold sober light I’m not currently able to hit the same sweet spot with them.

Also, the moustache was real.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

The Joy Formidable? They’re a trio, Ritzy is very blonde, and the drummer has a ‘tache:
    [video]https://youtu.be/9kNQeDlgBoc[/video]

slimjim78
    Free Member

Good shout CZ, but I think i came across them on my subsequent search.
    Alas, the tache is not impressive enough in this case.

scaredypants

duke spirit ?
    belly ?
    (yes, random guesses)

rossw
    Free Member

Pumarosa?

Blonde, two colleagues with taches.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help me find a band from the vaguest description’ is closed to new replies.