Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help me decide!!
  • LMT
    Free Member

I’ve got a Camber Expert last of the 26ers, when I advertised to sell I got some silly offers but in the end didn’t sell it, also got a 29er hardtail a canyon which is a great little bike for a blast round Cannock or down the canals.

I want? need? a new bike was looking at Trek Fuel ex8 27.5 version or the new Camber which isn’t out until September, also I have a love affair with Canyon, OH has one, I have a road one and my HT is a canyon just great value bikes.

I keep looking at new bikes, being honest I don’t have the funds for a new bike so would have to sell the others but is it worth it? am I better off keeping the 2 as they offer best of both worlds or would I benefit just having the one bike?

I can’t make up my mind, help!!

NormalMan

I totally get where you are coming from. I have the same Camber and also a 29er HT.

I only ride the HT now and I even took off some of the changes I’d made to the Camber (ie bars) and sold those.

However, like you, have had silly offers and little interest.

I’m at the point of thinking do I keep it and now spend money making a few changes (upgrade from Avids for eg) or cut my losses as I seem to just ‘get’ the ride of bigger wheels.

LMT
    Free Member

I got rid of the avids ages ago, run slx now, but it’s the only change as the bike is pretty much flawless.

It’s a great bike, only bike I’ve ever had with no faults or anything that o dislike, makes it harder to part with it or believe there is anything better out there!

NormalMan

The Avids were my next change. But I just haven’t ridden the bike. I’d put a 50mm stem on it and some 740mm bars. Few other changes like grips/pedals/saddle.

It has been a love/hate bike for me. Don’t think I’ve ever got the front and rear shock balance right for me. Partly due to it being the only FS I’ve ever owned.

Sorry I haven’t helped much.

iainc

It’s a great bike, only bike I’ve ever had with no faults or anything

what do you need to decide then 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help me decide!!’ is closed to new replies.