Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help me chose some new handlebars – 720mm-740mm ish carbon?
  • marionheck
    Free Member

I have dona a look on wiggle and CRC but nothing has set me on fire.

after some 720mm -740mm ish bars either carbon or alu. going on a 100m 29er that is more my enduro machine and would like to keep the wieght down, but not after super light weight stuff as i am not ‘elegant’ on a bike.

only thing that vagely takes my fancy is the Crank brother iodine 11 @740mm.

what am i missing on the market?

All help and advise greatly appreciated.

creamegg
    Free Member

Easton Heaven or Havoc?

marionheck
    Free Member

the havocs have caught my eye, can alwasy just trim a bot off them, suppose they are not that heavy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ragley Wiser.

Sub 200g, marketing says they’re tough, QC/finnishing is abit mehhhhh, I know the outer layer is for cosmetic reasons and abrasion protection, but a bit of effort to hide the seams in the (kevlar?) sheets wouldn’t go amis.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Syntace Vector Carbon, 10 year guarantee, lab tests show it to be one of the strongest carbon bars on the market and you have the option of choosing three different back sweeps (the 12 degree back sweep is lovely). To top it off it only weighs 213g. What more would you want?

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/syntace-vector-carbon-bar-2010.html

chakaping
    Free Member

Not as cheap as they were last week, but still great for £90…

Easton Havoc Carbon bar

andyl
    Free Member

Those Syntace look good, especially with 12deg sweep.

running the Havocs here and love them.

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve always liked Answer bars but their current carbon bar is only 720mm… but the new one out shortly is a full 780mm 😈

Control Tech do the Venom which is 740mm and only 220g.

Easton Havoc are the obvious choice though.

Mt Zoom 745mm bar is 175g… but would you trust it?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help me chose some new handlebars – 720mm-740mm ish carbon?’ is closed to new replies.