Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help me choose…a trail hardtail
  • myti
    Free Member

Looking to build a bling trail hard tail that is light and fun and not too dissimilar geometry from my stumpy evo 650b which I love. I was thinking of ti or carbon but can’t seem to find anything very trail orientated just coming up with more racy short travel options. Does this even exist or do I need to look at steel/alu?

davewalsh
    Free Member

Stanton switchback Ti ?

chiefgrooveguru

Have you thought of just sticking 140s on the Sync?

Other than the Switchback Ti there’s the Kingdom Vendetta. Or a thousand awesome steel options – BTR Ranger with custom geometry?

bigrich

production privee shan or oka

myti
    Free Member

Chief someone made me an offer I couldn’t refuse on the sync so rather than muck about with it’s intended 120mm travel I sold it and it’s currently in France doing the iron bike! The only problem with the kingdom is that my other half just bought it so I’m banned from having the same! Will consider the stantion but price is hefty!

myti
    Free Member

Just had a look at the oka and liking the geometry.

haggis1978

Chromag. I’ve got a Samurai 65 and if i wasnt so hungover just now i’d be out on it.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

So 120mm is too little travel for you then, as I know of new Litespeed Pisgahs for £599.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’ve got a Whyte 901, best bike I’ve ever had

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Yeah Whyte 19 ti trail is good too, I also know of one that is £899 for frame only made by Litespeed too.

my Whyte 19 ti was a bit too twitchy with 120mm forks up front but reckon 140mm would of sorted it out definitely.

rickon
    Free Member

456 carbon?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose…a trail hardtail’ is closed to new replies.