I know this is lame, but please humour me.
I've got the whole day tomorrow to ride, I'm in Cardiff. So:
1) Big loop from my house, heading up towards the valleys, 5-6 hour ride. Route planning is quite hard and would involve new trails probably and hence route planning and exploration
2) Drive to Afan - been there loads, bit dull mostly. Unless there's anything new in the last 3-4 years?
3) Drive to Brechfa - further, 3 hours lost to driving, but I've only been there once, that was just after the red was finished. What's new, and is there a whole day's worth there?
4) Drive to the Beacons and do something classic
5) Drive further up to Mid Wales and get the maps out again.
If anyone's got a decent long tracklog to share, that'd be appreciated.