Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Help me choose tall Canyon Roadie people….what size?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

https://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3193

Inside leg is 92cm
    Torso 72

Total 6ft 4 inches

60 or 62 or 64cm ?

Murray

Give them a call. They have real, live people who know their products.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Riding a 62cm Canyon Ultimate CF with the 12cm stem as supplied and it’s just about the perfect size. Had to switch out the seatpost for one with zero layback but that’s possibly more to do with my 40 year old dodgy back than anything else.!! 🙂

6’4″ tall here too, Inside leg is 90cm, torso is 74cm

jacob46
    Free Member

H1ghland3r – Member
    Riding a 62cm Canyon Ultimate CF with the 12cm stem as supplied and it’s just about the perfect size. Had to switch out the seatpost for one with zero layback but that’s possibly more to do with my 40 year old dodgy back than anything else.!!
    6’4″ tall here too, Inside leg is 90cm, torso is 74cm

Thanks that is a massive help. They told me yesterday that I would need a 60 but I wasn’t sure. 62cm it is. Cheers

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

No problem, their bike sizing guide seems to measure up a touch small in most circumstances. It recommended a 60 for me too but I went with my own measurements based off my old bike. Hope you enjoy it, that Roadlite AL frame won a few bike of the year awards last year if I remember rightly.

timdb
    Free Member

6’4″ here and riding a 58cm Ultimate CF comfortably.
    Ok so the stem isn’t “slammed” but it fits me well. 🙂

MSP

I am 6’2″ and would go for a 60cm, can’t remember what size they recommended for me, might have even been 56cm, but I went on a day trip to their showroom and tried a few out and 60 is definitely the size for me, but I do like to be a little stretched out on a bike.

cynic-al
    Free Member

And the winner of this year’s “most threads to buy a bike” is… 😛

jacob46
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    And the winner of this year’s “most threads to buy a bike” is…

Stop nosing at my profile perv

jacob46
    Free Member

MSP – Member
    I am 6’2″ and would go for a 60cm, can’t remember what size they recommended for me, might have even been 56cm, but I went on a day trip to their showroom and tried a few out and 60 is definitely the size for me, but I do like to be a little stretched out on a bike.

Now I am confused! You reckon on a roadlite Al 62 will be to big?

hora
    Free Member

I predict tomorrow you will start a new subject:

Bianchi, tell me which one for a 6ft4 rider?

😆

MSP

Now I am confused! You reckon on a roadlite Al 62 will be to big?

No I am saying that 60cm is the right size for me, your a little taller so 62 would probably be good for you, but it is also about understanding how you fit on a bike and the relative dimensions that can change between manufacturers.

Do you currently have a road bike?

hora
    Free Member

OP you are only 2inches taller than me. I’m buying a LARGE PlanetX carbon pro. That fitted like a glove.

Is a XL too small for you?!! 2inches is nowt.

Unless you have legs upto your armpits why would you need XXL? I’m 33inside BTW (GSOH)

jacob46
    Free Member

The man from canyon London tonight said no way do I need a 62cm bike. I told him I will order a 60 and if I think it’s too small you can collect it Simples!! 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose tall Canyon Roadie people….what size?’ is closed to new replies.