Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help me choose please
  • oldschool

I’m looking at getting a road bike via the bike to work scheme. Now I have to go through Halfords and think I’ve narrowed it down to two/three bikes.
    The Boardman Road Team Carbon
    or
    Cinelli Experience with either Tiagra or Veloce groupset?

Boardman

Cinelli (Tiagra)

Cinelli (Veloce)

I ride MTB, have done for years, but never road bikes, but thinking I’d like the ease of riding from the door, without any prep/faff.
    So, which one would you buy and why? better frame for upgrading components/better components to put on new frame/geometry is race orientated or touring orientated??

I think I’d like a more race orientated bike, as I picture myself being fast as a fast thing (in reality, I may hate it and hang it in the garage and never ride it)

All help great fully received, and I await the first person to discount the above and recommend me what they have 😀

orangespyderman

but thinking I’d like the ease of riding from the door, without any prep/faff.

I have a few friends who ride road bikes and this is far from describing all the farting around they do before they set off, but yes, they do ride straight from their door. Get another MTB.

grim168
    Free Member

There are other bike shops that take halfords bike to work scheme vouchers. Ribble do now as well as leisure lakes and dolans.

oldschool

grim168 – Member
    There are other bike shops that take halfords bike to work scheme vouchers. Ribble do now as well as leisure lakes and dolans

Thanks, I’ll take a look at that, not sure how it would work as i seem to get directed to the Halfords Website as our scheme is ‘on-line’ as rather than vouchers?

orangespyderman – Member
    Get another MTB

That goes without saying, Nplus1 and all that. Currently uming and arring about swapping the DH, but that can wait for the time being….

grim168
    Free Member

Halfords reckon to be able to source most bikes. Give the helpline a call, they’re pretty good.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah,
    Most shops can take Halfords vouchers so don’t limit your choice!
    We started about a year ago.
    I am based in Warwickshire if it’s any help?
    😉
    Max

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose please’ is closed to new replies.