Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Help me choose between these
  • paulo6624
    Free Member

Building up a ltht, choices at the mo are chumba hx1(299) blue pig (229) troof (350)
    I mainly ride Cannock or peaks, like steep rocky riding although I’m not the most stable of riders so the slacker angles of the ragleys may help, I previously owned a summer season which I loved before moving to full suspension the only downside to that frame was the thin seattube and lack of available dropper posts in that size. I currently have a ks dropper in 30.9 flavour and also have larger shims so would like a frame that I could slot that into.
    I really like the look of the troof but the price is off putting for a frame that I can’t find a review for.
    What do the single track masses recommend ? And do you have any frames that would be worth adding to my list any pics of your built up frames would be cool to.
    Thanks as always

stevenc
    Free Member

Ragley. I have an Mmmbop and I cant fault it at all. Goes upand down everything 🙂

paulo6624
    Free Member

Cheers Steve, I do like the Ragleys, what forks do you run?

stevenc
    Free Member

130 rebas. They do the job.

steezysix
    Free Member

The Blue Pig is steel, therefore it’s good. Blue pig is also more of an all-rounder than the Troof, which seems like it would be tons of fun, but also a bit of a beast.

godzilla
    Free Member

I got a Pig today, awesome for £225! much much lighter than a imagined, ordered These forks for it, cant wait to build it up!

paulo6624
    Free Member

The pig does look great value at 225,

ouch
    Free Member

I’m building up a HX1 at the minute, and ride at Cannock mainly. Haven’t ridden it yet but reviews are good and IMO it’s better looking than Ragleys are

godzilla
    Free Member

Can i have a 1/4 of what ouch has been smoking please!

honourablegeorge

BFe at 300 would have to be a candidate, I’d have thought. Nicer bike than any of the three suggested.

http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/BFe

ouch
    Free Member

@godzilla – You serious?! How dare you?! 🙁

ouch
    Free Member

Oh, forgot to mention, I bought my HX1 for £295 off ebay with Hope headset and adapter for non tapered forks.
    Should have cost £375, but the paintwork on the headtube was chipped in one place.
    It was sold by the UK dealer for Chumba’s and I’ve seen him selling a few with the odd chip in the paintwork, all in different sizes and colours.

godzilla
    Free Member

Sorry, only messing ouch.
    BFe is out of stock in some sizes for a couple of months.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Hmm I’m so torn , thinking troof or hx1 though

ouch
    Free Member

They are a bit different – troof is designed for a longer fork (160mm), and it has ISCG tabs,but the HX1 has an EBB…

…Oh and the troof is ugly 😉

buttercup
    Free Member

Had a Ragley. Was alright. But long.
    Get a Stanton.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Not many HX1 frames in stock, what size would you need? May make your decision easier…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Si I wondered about small frames. Sorry for the hijack

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose between these’ is closed to new replies.