Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help me choose a rucksack for my forthcoming trip!
  • edward2000
    Free Member

I need a rucksack to carry stuff, obviously. I think 65L is a good capacity, im going backpacking for two months. Budget would be about £60 I think, but this is arbitrary. Don’t particularly want one with another day sack attached.

I don’t now where to start, what’s good and what to look for! So any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Spud

Personally get to a shop where you can try them on, the back length and fit is important.

Vader
    Free Member

spud+1

Some rucksacs are really heavy before you put anything in them so worth checking the weights – most will tell you on the label. There are big differences, almost a kilo in extremes

PJ266
    Free Member

Will you be carrying camping stuff?

If not, I think 65l is too big.

Look at Osprey bags.

vondally
    Free Member

As above really you need to see and try….. there will not be a lot in 60 pound range so try decathlon firstly.
    Ebay next if you know what you want…
    Osprey / deuters/ Macpacd/ Lowe all good brands but the cheaper ones will be heavier and maybe less robust ….daughter meet a woman travelling with a eurohike rucksack through India and it had survived 9 months in Nepal and India.

Good fit for you is the key, get to a few shops and Try on

footflaps

£60 for 65l rules out most of the big makes, you’ll be looking at 2nd hand or bargain basement stuff e.g. Decathlon / Mountain Warehouse / Field and Trek etc.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Lomo dry bag
    Cheap, heavy, not adjustable. Fine if you’re not planning long days out in the hills.

+1 for trying it on first

matt_outandabout

I just picked up two Lowe Alpine rucsacks, a 55+10 and 65 in ok condition (one small mouse nibbled hole in lid I’ve sewn up already) for £58 the pair, from OutdoorGearExchange on Facebook. There are lots of bags on there, both my new ones are for my growing lads so have adjustable backs.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Join the marines and get a free one and some boots to match.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help me choose a rucksack for my forthcoming trip!’ is closed to new replies.