Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • help me choose..
  • gooner69

Ok, im not sure which way to go on this so here goes.
    Current bikes are Anthem X1 with bling wheels etc and Trek marlin s/s 29er.
    Raced a couple of times on the Anthem and done well, but am totally sold on 29er`s and my little s/s isawesome. So having put some cash aside for a purchase my options are.

Buy an Anthem 29er (3500 quid) for racing and long days out etc. Which would mean selling my Anthem 26er to help raise my funds to the reqd level.

Or buying a carbon h/tail (thinking Cube teamline 29)for around 2000 and keep my anthem as well.

I have ridden both and they are serious pieces of kit, but i canthelp thinking that the spec is very similar (sids, XT, etc) so for the 1500 saving i could get a quality bouncy race frame and be able to have both options albeit not running at the same time.

Anthem is the carbon advanced model around 25lbs weight. Cube is Elite teamline around 22.5lbs weight.

But some of my funds are as a credit in my lbs so restricted to what choices i have.

Also it would mean i have more chance of picking up a xc bouncy frame on sale elsewhere;)

Opinions from the stw hive mind>…..

gooner69

bump, nobody?

batman11
    Free Member

If it was me I’d go for the cube and keep your anthem.
    Both are great bikes, you get the best of both hardtail vs full sus, option to,choose best bike for terrain when racing plus a back,up no mater what plus if you do have the extra burning a hole in your pocket give the anthem an upgrade or two.
    Bats.

gooner69

cheers Bats, kinda thinking along those lines. Would love a Carbon Anthem 29er but its gonna mean 1 bike has to go:(
    Also the extra cash (£1500) would have to be found now and that would mean the dreaded fleabay for my current Anthem

Reckon its a carbon hardtail racebike on its way to me:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘help me choose..’ is closed to new replies.