Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Help me buy some cable
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I need something really thin, overall maybe 2mm diameter, with four cores.

It’s proving difficult to find, and even harder in anything less than a 25m roll! I only want a couple of meters.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Speak to a local spark?

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s for rewiring my powertap computer, so it needs to be thin. Sparkie equippment would be much to thick, it needs to be electronic type stuff. like headphone cable, but four cores.

nedrapier

tried maplin?

nickjb
    Free Member

Pound shop phone extension cable might do it. It is 4 core and usually oval, about 2mm by 4mm. If that is still too big you could take the outer off to just leave the two twisted cores. Or maybe a very cheap usb lead

mrjmt
    Free Member

overall as in outer insulation diameter?

whats it for? the cores will be pretty thin!

midlifecrashes

Burglar alarm cable?

midlifecrashes

You’ll get four cores in a phone stereo headset with microphone. You’ll be lucky finding one long enough though. Have you got an exact measurement?

crogthomas
    Free Member

An old USB cable for something sounds about what you need to me. SNIP!

molgrips
    Free Member

USB are generally not thin enough unless they are really short, this is the size of normal cycle computer wiring. The phone headset stuff would be ideal, good call, I’ll try to find some of that!

cbike
    Free Member

Studiospares

Vandamme suppliers?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Strip down a patch/network cable?

Flaperon

Buy a metre of this:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/data-cable-multicore-4-way-grey-priced-per-metre-xr25c

Also, they’re 0.1mm conductors so they’ll be a pain to solder unless you’ve done it before. If you find it’s too thick still, remove the sheath and replace with heatshrink.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Help me buy some cable’ is closed to new replies.