Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Help me break into my car! 2010 honda crv
  • oink1
    Free Member

zanelad – Member
    Or very gently wedge the passenger door open from the top and pull the handle with a looped wire
    I watched and RAC guy do this to a friend’s brand new Sharan when the key was left in the car and it self locked.

Quite scary how easy it was to do and how much of a gap could be made without breaking anything.

Got a little Snap-On airbag for this and a master lock out kit 🙂 Fat use to the OP though, sorry!

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP whilst I am sympathetic with your plight what I’d really like to see is a video of the break in / manhandling of the car with a suitably dramatic sound track 🙂

Northwind

Saccades – Member

Beware of northwinds advice, because on a Rover 200 that is the most expensive window to replace.

I didn’t say break that window, I said find out if one of them is cheaper/easier to replace.

fanatic278
    Free Member

Wrong thread. Ignore this.

spooky_b329

Just the handbrake? Just drag drag it with any old car…you don’t need a 4×4. The only issue is if you need to screw in the tow point, which will be with the spare wheels stuff.

I’ve had the AA break into a Transit a couple of times, very easy to wedge out the door. Might be more difficult if its deadlocked, as they can’t pull the interior door handle.

Another option, if its got towing electrics for a caravan, the S socket has a permanent live, so if you carefully work out the correct pin, you can connect 12v and the negative pin and it may liven up the car enough to operate the locking. (my old campervan had the S socket connected to the leisure system, and I used to trickle charge it via that socket)

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Right hello all again thanks for the great advice…

So to close the loop on this… Fabricated a bent stick out of two pieces of steel joint with duct tape. The end of a metal coat hanger doubled up and with some plier work made a tool to fit over and catch door handle.

Attached a shaving mirror to the straight part I was looking down bent at 45 degrees (think periscope)

Could not go straight in due to wall but with about 10 mins of fishing, passenger door was open. Phew.

Once in, bonnet open, terminal shoved back on (yes it had slipped out) and off for Sunday lunch.

Happy ending

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Congratulations! Glad you managed to get the door open,we all love a happy ending 😀

teethgrinder

2016 might not be so shit after all – well done.

SaxonRider

Hang on. The OP’s name is Don Corleoni, and you all just uncritically gave him advice on breaking into a car? 😯

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Haaaa 🙂

On my way to Europe in a transporter as we speak with all my spoils. Thanks all.

I have had better happy endings I must admit 🙂

Thing is though…. I put the same ish post on 3 Honda crv specific forums (one in USA and 2 here in UK). I got one reply basically saying to unlock the door manually (obviously did not read the op like you lot). The fountain of all knowledge is here.

bear-uk
    Free Member

You cant get me a Range Rover can you?

CountZero

Excellent work, that man! Always good to see Heath Robinson bodging get the job done!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Help me break into my car! 2010 honda crv’ is closed to new replies.