Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help me bleed my Hope Tech X2s
  • sok

My main problem arises from the fact I can’t get either of the bits of tube (with or without adapters) that worked on my Minis to fit onto the bleed nipple; they’re all too big.
    Any suggestions of where I can get some tubing that fits? I’ve had no joy looking on CRC or the Hope website.
    Thanks!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I just go to Halfords. The car windscreen washer tubes come in different sizes and they sell them by the metre.

sok

Perfect, thanks. I wasn’t keen on spending a fortune on a kit for the sake of a bit of tube.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yep no expensive kit required, some cheap tube and a spanner. 10 min job.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The 5mm stuff that cars and earlier Hopes use is too big for the Tech nipples. You need a 3.5mm for them and will find it sold by the metre at B&Q; it’ll cost you about £1.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Aquarium shops are also a good place to get it from

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Not really part of the original question, but make sure you do the bleed as per the video on the Hope website. You need to wind the bite point adjuster right out, do the resevoir fill, turn 90 deg, squeeze and tap a few times, turn back up, refill and roll the diaphram on. Makes a big difference to performance and consistency as I discovered last week

sok

Thanks all. CptM – any tips gratefully received. I’ve never been very good at this job and can’t really work out why.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

All you need to do is follow exactly what they do on the Hope video – that’s what I did and I am definitely not a star mechanic. Watch both the one for bleeding the caliper, and the one specifically for bleeding the Tech X2 reservoir

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help me bleed my Hope Tech X2s’ is closed to new replies.