Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Help! Mavic Crossland Tubeless – How do I replace a spoke!
  • SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Following a bit of "off piste" exploration I managed to get half a tree wrapped around my rear wheel earlier.

One of the spokes has been ripped out of the nipple. Spoke is slightly bent but thread looks OK. Nipple is cracked and needs replacing.

I'm new to this tubeless thing and have no idea how to go about replacing the nipple – the rim strip appears to be stuck fast, in fact it appears to be fixed solidly into the rim – and there is no obvious way to remove it.

Any ideas? I've managed to get the valve out, and thought I may just be able to rotate the strip so that the hole lines up with the nipple I need to replace, but nothing doing.

Oh and when I come to re-inflate the tyre, can I do it with a track pump or do I need a CO2 cartridge?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Hmm. Partial success. Managed to lever up the strip just enough to pop a new spoke nipple in without damaging it…. can't inflate the blasted thing now though and bike shop has just shut so can't get a CO2 cartridge…. is there a trick to getting air in with a track pump?

If all else fails will stick an inner tube in for now.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Help! Mavic Crossland Tubeless – How do I replace a spoke!’ is closed to new replies.