Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help iTunes on 4s please.
  • zippykona

Can I get rid of that bar at the bottom with the heart and stuff on it?
    It’s a pain in the arse.

Kelliesheros
    Free Member

That’s apple music rather than itunes isnt it?

Either way, the answer is no.

Although if you go to settings and turn off, show apple music, for some weird reason it makes the heart disapear, but still shows library, connect, radio and search.

weirdest setting ever.

Sorry.

zippykona

The iPhone 4 we have doesn’t have it. I wish apple wouldn’t ‘improve’ stuff.
    If it said artist album playlist that would be more useful.

CountZero

Sadly, it’s all part of the current obsession with having everything ‘in the cloud’, which results in idiots uploading everything to some cloud-based source, or just ditching all their music and relying on streaming media, which is just so short-sighted; unless, of course, you never move away from any known wifi hotspot or 4G phone signal.
    Spending every working day in a car driving all over the UK just shows up the paucity of mobile phone networks, it’s possible to drive for miles without any phone signal, let alone data.

Kelliesheros
    Free Member

Sadly, it’s all part of the current obsession with having everything ‘in the cloud’, which results in idiots uploading everything to some cloud-based source, or just ditching all their music and relying on streaming media, which is just so short-sighted; unless, of course, you never move away from any known wifi hotspot or 4G phone signal.

9 out of 10 for the anti-cloud rant, but i am not sure you can blame the “cloud” for the poor interface decisions – especially when you can play locally stored music quite easily through apple music..

OP – the new apple music app on ios 10 beta seems to be simpler, it still has the weird bar, but it also has a simpler navigation list which shows playlists, artist, albums, songs and only downloaded music. The question is whether or not you will be able to update the app without upgrading to ios10 (which you cannot).

G

zippykona

It’s only because I’m struggling to get music on my Galaxy 4 that I bought the iPhone 4s to use as an iPod. As I mentioned earlier we have an iPhone 4 we use as an iPod in the shop and it’s a doddle to use.I got the 4s as I needed 64 gb. It really is so awkward to use. Money wasted.
    I shall have another go at putting music on my galaxy. Getting it on there is easy it’s getting it to play that’s the issue.
    I really can’t believe every android user has this much trouble.

Kelliesheros
    Free Member

Re: your Iphone – read the below link, it appears that you can download other apps to playthe music on your phone. may be worth a shot if you do not like the stock solution?

alternative apps

Android: Is the issue that you are trying to put music you purchased from itunes on it? whilst itunes music has been copy protection free for many years, i know that there were several albums in my music library which would never play on android, because they had been bought prior to DRM being removed. You can remove the DRM i think but it is a faff, and involves itunes match – i.e you let the evil cloud have a copy of your library delete your local copy and then download new DRM free versions.

zippykona

I’m sure the drm is a problem but the last cd I bought I loaded onto iTunes but won’t play on my samsung. Would that be protected? Will investigate alternative players on my 4s.

zippykona

Caesium downloaded. Problem solved.
    Thank you.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Always a school day on stw. Did not know you could use another music player under iOS.

FWIW I wouldn’t worry about the interface it changes all the time. Not Apple’s finest work

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help iTunes on 4s please.’ is closed to new replies.