Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help! It's cold…
  • oliwb
    Free Member

Looking for some recommendations on what to wear while out on the bike.

Bit of background, I live in Texas but am back in Scotland (Aberdeen) for a few months with my MTB. I’ve got limited kit with me (just shorts, fleeces etc) and the weather has turned cold!

I’m on a budget and looking for recommendations for tights / leggings / bib shorts that would be good for winter in Aberdeenshire. I’ve had the Endura / Altura winter tights in the past and have found them to be not great – bit uncomfortable at the waist band and sweaty. I’ve spotted the Planet-X 365 Pro bib tights for a good price on their site. Are they any good? Is there something else I should look at? I’ve got probably a max of 50 squids to spend…..

imnotverygood

I’m going to break it to you gently….. The weather hasn’t actually turned cold…… yet

oliwb
    Free Member

Haha – yeah true….but I’ve been wearing my pads on some gentle railway line rides to keep the knees warm! I’m such an idiot as I totally packed the wrong stuff!

globalti
    Free Member

The most flexible piece of cycle clothing I own (and most robust) is the dhb Roubaix 3/4 bib tights I bought from Wiggle many years ago. Apart from the zip having broken (easily replaced by local repairer) they have been perfect and the pad is comfortable without being too thick and sweaty. I wear them throughout the Autumn and Spring when shorts would be too cool but I don’t want to wear full Roubaix tights. What’s really good about them is that the Roubaix fabric keeps your thigh muscles warm without overheating you.

scandal42
    Free Member

Bit of background, I live in Texas but am back in Scotland (Aberdeen) for a few months.

I’ve spotted the Planet-X 365 Pro bib tights for a good price on their site.

Best of look my friend

Mister-P
    Free Member

Cold? I am sitting in the office sweating.

oliwb
    Free Member

I know of the issues with on-one. I’ve not used them for years and years (they were very good last time). I figured this is a relatively low value order so it’s probably worth trying them out again….

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’d hit up decathlon in your case Online I have a set of leggings from the running isle.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ekiden-warm-running-tights-id_8280370.html or something similar.

njee20
    Free Member

Leg and arm warmers may be more versatile and see more use back home, rather than full on tights etc?

Cheaper too.

CheesybeanZ

Google says theres a TK Max on Bedford Rd In Aberdeen , should be a load of cheap warm stuff there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help! It's cold…’ is closed to new replies.