Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help!!!! Isle of Man mountain bike hire and route (preferably Douglas)
  • marcfoy89
    Free Member

Hi, I’m going on a weekend trip to the Isle of Man staying in Douglas on the 25th till the 27th of this month. And fancy a ride out on the bike, could do with some info on where is best to hire a decent bike from and a nice route couple hours should be right! Help me out guys

velomanic
    Free Member

Mountain bike hire available from Erin Bike Hut, nice fleet of 2015 Orbea hardtails for you to make the most of the local trails 🙂

pipiom
    Free Member

I’m away when you’re here, I think this guy hires mountain bikes out (see below)…there is a “manx mountain bike” website (MMTB) but we’re all on Facebook these days, in closed groups……there’s always a Saturday am ride, mixed group: noobs; experienced etc…….if you pop into: Eurocycles, or Bikestyle (2xLBS) they should give you some contact numbers….you need to speak to “the mad Manx cow” via Eurocycles (Neil works there, he’s her husband)

Cycle Hire

Sorry, but If I was here I’d be able to make sure you’re ok, hope this helps.

Esme
    Free Member

Catch the steam train to Port Erin, then do the Southern Comfort ride from MTB route guide
    Send any companions up to Cregneash. You’ll all have a lovely day!

marcfoy89
    Free Member

Thanks guys you have been really helpful I’ll contact one of the bike shops in Douglas see if I can sort a hire bike out and jump on a group morning ride with them! Save getting lost haha.

stevio

Marc – if you look for “misfits (ii)” on FB you’ll find the Saturday ride details – I’m away to Uni with my boy but normally there are 25+ riders and a slow/fast group – you might even be able to hitch a lift out of town!

Andy-R

Luckily for you I’m away in that Greece, otherwise you’d have some crap old biffer offering to show you around….

pipiom
    Free Member

^x2 for Misfits (ii) a good crew

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help!!!! Isle of Man mountain bike hire and route (preferably Douglas)’ is closed to new replies.