• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by br.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help in valuing my Spearfish wanted please.
  • weeksy

Hi guys,

I’m debating swapping the Spearfish for a lightweight HT, in simplest terms i dont ‘need’ the FS benefits of the Spearfish as i’ve only been a a T.C once this year… it’s unlikely to increase massively next year. It’s just XC/XC/XC for me.

Spearfish is in a Large, Fox 32 100mm forks, HOPE BB, HOPE HEadset, XTR mech, XT front mech, Deore cranks, Hope Pro2Evo with Stans, generic seatpost, Formula RX brakes 203’s front and rear, generic Shimano chain, NC-17 pedals, Spoon saddle, Raceface orange bars, generic grips.

I’d put the overall condition at an 8. Couple of marks on the fork lowers, couple of bits/chips on the paint that have been touched up… overall though, straight, true and nice.

I was thinking in that Spec something around £1200 ?

I could lower the spec with Deore brakes and Giant S-XC Wheels to £1000 ?

that the right sort of ball park ?

iolo
    Free Member

Everything is worth what it’s value is to you. Ask what you believe to be a fair price

weeksy

My perception of what’s fair and others perception may differ greatly, hence why i asked the Qn…

johnnystorm

I sold my light xc hardtail & 120mm 26″ bike when I bought my Spearfish as it could do the job of both just as well. I didn’t see any tangible speed/fun loss compared to my HT and a couple of lbs is neither here not there unless you’re Elite. The spearfish has also take me down the rangers path quicker than my HT ever would. 🙂

weeksy

Any more?

Bregante

No idea but if you are looking at a 29″ hardtail then surely you would lose far less by swapping the parts over and selling the frame.

weeksy

Was planning on a cube Ltd race at £1100, makes it easier and less messing to sell and buy this time.

br
    Free Member

Was planning on a cube Ltd race at £1100, makes it easier and less messing to sell and buy this time.

You’ll struggle to get a good price for the Salsa since you’ve now said you’ll trade making a bit more money over an easier life 🙂

And the Horsethief has been totally re-designed this year.

As for price, some where between what you want and zero.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help in valuing my Spearfish wanted please.’ is closed to new replies.