Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help, in a bike dilemma – have a Scale fancy a Five
  • ljs1977
    Free Member

Hi

I’m in a bit of a dilemma.

I had a Full suss and sold it for a scale for the speed and simplicity, I also really like the big wheels.

However I have two groups of riding buddies, one who ride 40 mile none stop XC, one who ride down and off stuff.

The scale is awesome for the former, but knocks my confidence in the later.

I have wanted a five since they were winning every bike mag review, but they were always expensive and had poor kit, I think they have caught up with the competition.

Ideally I would have my carbon xc beast and a true trail bike but not sure whether to go for a good do it all or keep the scale and get a cheaper full suss?

Thoughts?

Clink

Get a Whyte M109 – best of both worlds?

bikeneil
    Free Member

I think they have caught up with the competition.

Really?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have one its not changed much tbh over the years

It would be ok for 40 miles XC but it is a single pivot so not ideal.

Something with VPP or similar? Mine was much more pedally than a 5 and what i would prefer for longer XC days

flap_jack
    Free Member

Keep the scale and brush up your skills – we’ve a riding buddy with one who keeps with us FS boys no probs, and he’s much faster on it than he was on his stumpjumper.

ljs1977
    Free Member

Do you know I’ve just had the “get me some bike lessons for Xmas” with er in doors.

Flap jack I think you might be right, after all I sold my last full suss for a reason

flap_jack
    Free Member

I was so impressed with his transformation on his Scale that if I had the money I’d have one. And. of course, he leaves us for dead up hill.

JoeG
    Free Member

Get a fatbike! :mrgreen:

hora
    Free Member

YT?

If I could afford a new bike it wouldnt be a Orange. Sadly since all the reviews new players etc have left Orange in the past. I bet within a decade Orange sells up or disapears. Sorry. In its current line up its trading on its past.

I ride one cos its great on the cheap/2ndhand.

Rickos
    Free Member

Keep the Scale and get a second hand FS trail bike. Job done!

Happy to help. 😉

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Get a Spark

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help, in a bike dilemma – have a Scale fancy a Five’ is closed to new replies.