Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help, I'm moving to Amsterdam… should I wave goodbye to mountain biking?
  • coolbeanz
    Free Member

So my job is taking me to Amsterdam. Is it possible to find some OK riding within 1-2 hours of the city? I currently live in central London, so I’m pretty used to driving over an hour to the trailhead once or twice every weekend. I’m not expecting the Alps, after all, I normally ride the Surrey Hills.

I can see that Willingen and Winterberg in western Germany have small ski resorts with a max elevation of around 1,000m, which are pretty big on mountain biking in the summer, but they’re still a 4-hour drive away, which would be OK once a month, but not every weekend.

Any suggestions…?

CountZero

If I recall correctly, there were quite a few very successful mountain bikers from the Nederlands.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

CX FTW

DrJ

Take up dominoes.

coolbeanz
    Free Member

I do like dominoes…

Moses

Give it up & get a Dutch bike. Weekend traffic out of the Dam can be awful, Perhaps a fatbike for the dunes all along the coast would be fun?

rs
    Free Member

after spending a week there a couple of years ago, said i’d move there in a second… if there were mountains!

globalti
    Free Member

Take up road cycling and learn to ride in echelons in the crosswinds.

Yetiman
    Free Member

When I lived there I found a few XC places to ride but nothing too taxing. Schoorl and Bergenschenoek are two that I recall but there was a few other places dotted about. Also just noticed that the MTB route website I used back then is still on the go….

http://www.mtbroutes.nl/route/801/Bergschenhoek

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help, I'm moving to Amsterdam… should I wave goodbye to mountain biking?’ is closed to new replies.